Acne rosacea - large cyst

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I have never done this before but wondered if anyone could help with any advice regarding Acne rosacea, and very large lumps (?cyst). I have had rosacea on my nose for 10 years. I am 28. I have come to terms with this and deal with covering this pretty well now. However lately I have had a problem with very large deep rooted spots (?cysts) for the past 4 months. These started on one cheek and have now spread to the other cheek. It is impossible to cover these, the biggest being the size of a £1 coin in diameter and it very raised. I have tried all sorts to sort these out and currently have a prescription for Skinoren from my GP. My issue is that these are very hot, painful and are affecting my confidence a lot.

The biggest issue is that my GP won't prescribe antibiotics for these as I am currently trying to have children and am off birth control. We have been trying for 18 month to no avail but I don't want to go back on birth control as feel this is a backwards step. I am currently taking vitamins and putting ice on these to try and calm down the hotness. Any advice of help would be greatly received.

Thank you,

Katie

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Have you ever seen a dermatologist?
    • Posted

I have seen a dermatologist a number of times in the past. They have prescribed all of the 'cyclines and I have also had roaccutane. These tend to work whilst I am on them however the problem returns once the course is complete.

The problem is when seeing dermatologists and doctors at the moment is that they just want to prescribe antibiotics, which they won't do unless I am on the birth control pill. 

• Posted

How long did you have to take it for? Would you consider taking it again?
    • Posted

Obviously not whilst trying for a baby.
    • Posted

I would not take this again no. Too many side effects. Definitely not whilst trying for a baby no.
  • Posted

Hi Katie. I've been on roacctuane three times in my life now. Last course ended in May. You need to be on birth control for 6 weeks prior and post Accutane treatment. The tablet is very strong and would deform the baby. I wouldn't recommend the tablet. It does the job of clearing it up during it and a few months after but the side effects are not worth it. Dryness all over. Memory loss. Loss if libido. Depression and suicidal thoughts. I've been off the pill now since August and my acne has made a lovely return. My doctor has put been on azithromycin 500 mg once weekly. I've been on this for 5 weeks with not much effect as yet. He did research and this tablet will not harm a baby if you do fall pregnant. I've also been researching and apparently zinc tablets are beneficial for clearing skin so I've ordered some. Hope this helps and don't worry I feel your acne pain all too well smile

• Posted

Hi Katie

i suggested you to doing some home remedies for acne rosacea

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.