Acoustic Neuorma Op August 2014

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there. 

I have my operation to remove my acoustic neuroma (15mm) coming up in August at Addenbrookes Hosp in Cambridge. I would like to speak to someone who has recently had the operation to get an understanding whats it like post op. please could you email me on _____

Thanks David

Patient Moderator Note: I have removed an e-mail address from this reply as it is the policy of patient.info to not publish these within the forums. If any user is interested in this removed information they should contact the author via the Private Messaging system requesting such. Thank you for your cooperation.

patient.info/forums/discuss/private-messages-226361

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi david sorry to hear about your impending op i just wondered if you would mind sharing your symptoms with me from the start of your diagnosis im getting rather concerned about my hearing problems hope you dont mind me asking good luck with your op hope all goes well
    • Posted

Hi corniness well one day I couldn't hear in my right ear had a scan MRI in bury and they found a tumar. I have dizziness balance issues and headaches can't wait to get it out David 
    • Posted

Hi david oh i hope you get sorted sounds worrying for you sad i never had any problems at all with my hearing just woke up and was deaf in my right ear i get dizzy spells etc but only when im getting u or bending its not all the time they are some posts on here with the same diagnosis and had surgery maybe you could try and contact them and get some advice regarding op take care really hope everything goes well 
    • Posted

Hi c 

I would get a MRI check to find out if everything is ok best of luck 

David 

• Posted

Morning david yes i will im going the hospital again today so hopefully i get a scan sorted so glad you have had a message from someone in the same situation as yourself it sounds very helpful and supportive good luck keep your post going so we can see your progress take care 
  • Posted

hi David, Iwrote  apost on here about 2 weeks ago explaining about my accoustic neuroma. I still have mine an chose radiotherapy which i finished in may ,but i met many people in addenbrookes who have had the opp an have only good things to say about staff an procedure there is a support group amnet for people with ans called Amnet an they meet every so often at addenbrookes .The no is 01953860692 an ladies name is allison ,also there is bana another online support group on line .I wish you well ,look up the groups...
    • Posted

Thanks ever so much gloria for the info. Hope all goes well with you and the radiotherapy side. D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.