Acoustic Neuroma

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi everyone

i was wondering if anyone has any info about having Acoustic Neuroma?  I am waiting for an emergency appt with ENT Department as my GP believes I have this condition. Has anyone had treatment? I know there is surgery to remove the tumour but also as an alternative there is the possibility of having radio therapy. Any info would be most welcome

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I think you should possibly look at research to get your answers as people using this website may represent those mainly that have had problems following procedures and that can distort your point of view. Like being told the worst possible birthing stories when you are pregnant. If you type in your browser - scholar.google.com.au and then "acoustic neuroma treatment outcomes" there are some great articles based on research, not individul opinion or opinions that are given with emotion. Sometimes if the tumour is small you can just "wait and see." I have a client who has waited 2 years as his tumour is very slow growing. The ENT will give you al the stats to help you make an informed decision. Make sure you ask all the questions that you want answered and if necessary seek second opinions. All the best, it's a frightening prospect. Fingers crossed that your MRI is clear!!!!

• Posted

Thank on everyone. I'm going to look at both now and will let you know what I find smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.