ACR / SAD repair is not sitting right. Anyone had issues

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi everyone

had 360° full arthroscopic capsular release and sub acromium decompression done 8 months ago

off to see the muscular skeletal surgeon on Monday at Harley street.

it just do t feel right. still got tendon issues ( inflamed), tight and painful, thought the operation was to help a bad frozen shoulder.

has any one had any post op issues in getting better, i am at a loss on how to get better

done all that was given to me , played by the rules and did all protocol exercises .

colin

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

sorry that the shoulder is still painful. its so disappointing and I can read between the lines you feel upset. i don't blame you its always a tricky fix with any joint.

i hope that you will be in a better place soon , no pain . these always take months to heal.

been fighting torn rotator cuffs in both shoulders. It gets exhausting .

sending pain free results for your next treatment.

• Posted

Ho Barb

i do so love ya attitude thanks

i am with you all the way lol. got me pain folder ready for the boss man tomorrow.

its the referred pain that i think is eating me up . all be it the bicep tendon has gone like a guitar string . think the key of the tendon is "f" ing sharp.

i have kept such a positive attitude to these shoulders but three years two months and i still face the right joint to be done.

how was your recovery and what set backs were there . not competing here. just comparing issues.

spent nigh on 10k plus now on these sodding joints ( exc surgery costs ).

thanks for the rrraaahhh.

don't get this much on here any more

colin

• Posted

hi Barbara

just got back . worst possible out come for me.

the bicep tendon is knackered. he wants to remove it. called a popeye procedure as i give you a popeye looking muscle. round and bulbous.

or its just going to snap anyway

put so much into recovery from april it has shook me completely. going to have to start all over again with this. lost a bit of faith in me self. only had 7 weeks pain free last year and about the same for the other two years before that.

thought i would let ya know the outcome.

colin

• Edited

oh wow... how aggravating is that whole experience. i am so sorry that you now have to cope with another possible surgery. sometimes these doctors are more aggravating than the illness. so close minded and do not listen to patients. these docs have the patient treatment talks down and never seem to get past their own stubborn ability to look past themselves.

Frozen shoulder is a very painful condition and extremely difficult to cope with. i hope you see a better doctor who has better concerns for your treatment and your well being.

sometimes we have to learn to be our own patient advocate and do a lot of research on the treatments and doctors.

i can't imagine how disappointed you must be ... don't give up hope continue to apply yourself for better answers and comprehensive treatment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.