Actemra

Posted , 2 users are following.

Wondering if anyone has experience being on Actemra - alone without any additional meds (like MTX). I'm on Enbrel, but its causing psoriasis, and not controlling the RA. I can't be on MTX due to many side effects, aslo can't be on Sulfasalizine, and Plaquinel which is why I'm wondering if anyone has had positive experience using this med alone.

Thanks for any input.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi therr, I too couldnt tolerate mtx, sulphsalazine or lefluzamide, and wouldnt take hydrochloraquil....I took Actemra alone and it definitely controlled my R A well.  I went travelling in a camper van and took my self injections, just not sure if they were kept at a constant temp, and maybe for that reason stopped working.  I am now on Orencia alone and it has  been working for about a year as well.  Lots can be taken without mtx, but lots of trials are done with combination of mtx, so I guess thats what they (drug companies) advocate.  I so hope it works out for you, keep trying, keep on top, sending empathy and big hopes for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.