Actemra vs Prednisone

Posted , 1 user is following.

I was diagnosed with PMR several months ago. Started out with 20 mg of Predinsone. My rheumatologist has put me on a biologic, Actemra. I have been on it for 7 weeks. It's a self injection once a week while tapering off the prednisone. I am currently on 10 mg of prednisone. While on the higher dose of prednisone and Actemra I was feeling pretty good. Now on the lower dose of prednisone I am beginning to experience many of the symptons of PMR before any medication. Some shoulder, neck and leg pain with headaches. I had a biopsy for Giant Cell Arteritis and fortunately that came back negative. If anyone has had experience with Actemra it would be a great help to hear what you are going through.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.