Because I think I may have a pituitary tumor

I don't think I will because

I don't want my tumor to grow

Anyways

Comments are welcome

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Courtnay,  I do understand you fears about all the tests that you need to discover what is wrong with you.  There is something called Addisons which is almost the opposite of Cushings.  My advice, having wasted 5 years trying to find out what was wrong with me, would be to give it a go, you can't lose anything.  Have you actually been diagnosed with a Pituitary Tumour or is that what you think you have?  Because it is so rare all the tests really are needed to get you on the road to recovery.  When you fell better you will be glad that you took the tests.  Let us know.

• Posted

Courtney:

It is VERY important that you do your ACTH test. Understand that excess ACTH being secreted into your system can cause many other medical issues

besides the pituitary tumor. You need to know where that ACTH hormone is secreting from. I am the first person who was diangnosed with "cyclic" Cushings disease in the U.S. in 1989. I have had 2 pituitary surgeries, one on 1989 and one in 2016. I now have high ACTH and am doing testing to see where my tumor is thats secreting the ACTH..I had a Cat scan done with dye of my abdomen done on Thursday due to another med issue and they saw something on my kidney. It could be an ectopic tumor..which if it is, thats bad for me i only have one kidney. Im doing blood and saliva tests trying to pinpoint where the high ACTH is coming from as it may be on the kidney..or other organs. Please don't hesitate to do your tests.

• Posted

Hi, just to say I do hope that everything will sort itself out for you very soon.  You seem to have had so many problems.  I am always grateful to hear your opinion.  Please take care.
    • Posted

hi cyclic cushings

oh, that sounds tough

I thought

high acth and low cortisol

meant Addisons

maybe you have high acth and high cortisol

I hope they find your tumor soon

• Posted

Hi

Thank you for your comments

I am generally fairly healthy

Well, except fof this thing

That could be Cushing's

Or a tumor.

I know I don't have Addison's

But thank you for the reassurrance

• Posted

Hi

I've thought about it and although I appreciate youf support , I am not willing to risk my life for a test

Acth test's can really muck up your pituitary

When you have a tumor

Thanks

• Posted

Oh sorry

It wasnt clear

This is not the suppression test or

The blood test

This is when theh inject you with extra acth

• Posted

just to let you know

I ended up doing just the

blood (plasma) acth test

going to see results in a week

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.