Active withdrawal - can anybody advise quickly???

Posted , 9 users are following.

common story - I think. Dr. Gave me Rx for Tramadol stating "not a narcotic, may or may not be "habit forming" - no mention of addictive. Rx says take 2 50 mg tablets 3 times a day. Been doing that about 3 years. Don't have the need anymore so I began to wean myself. Started not about a week a ago decreasing dosage by half. Then every day would try to go an hour longer between two pills. I have 7 50 mg tabs left - but I have refills. I DO NOT want to refill. I took one @ 7:30 am after no sleep so that I could take a benzo to get much needed sleep. It's now 10:30 pm. Feeling aweful. Symptoms like I'm reading others have had - insomnia, aches - RLS, uncontrollable sneezing & runny nose, can't keep still, crying one minute, want to rip the heads off my four teenaged kids & husband (verbally) the next etc. feel like crud - big time. I REALLY want to take one of those pills so my night isn't horrible - having a pity party as I write this with tears coming down my cheeks. Do I take the pill & try to go longer tomorrow, or do I go "Johnny Cash" style (as they say in the US, which means I just suck it up and keep myself away from others & roll around in bed & on the toilet for days??? Am I prolonging the enevitable or making it harder on myself??

i have never taken more than the prescribed dosage, but I've taken it regularly for a long time. 300 mg a day. Pretty much like clockwork.

ive been on 100 mg (50 in am & 50 late night for four days & it just keeps getting worse.) im a mess. Anybody???

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I feel your pain quitting cold turkey off of tramadol i have found these method elivate the rls of the legs as i am battling it hard at night

I take 25 mg of zoloft

Prescribed to me takes about 5 hours for it to start to work

I then put a lidocain patch on my legs one patch cut into two pieaces

Then i either take 800 mg of ip profen or 2 tylabol pms

If like now i cant sleep i take a very hot bath

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.