Actually happy to see periods now! Weird...I know!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Ladies!

Are any of you actually glad to see your period when it finally arrives because it tends to offer some relief to some of the symptoms that have been building up for the past weeks leading to your period? I had this happen today. I had so much PMT and dizziness and just all around felt bad that when my period started today I was actually applauding.

Incidentally I also wondered if any of you ever experienced odd twitches and or tickling sensations in your head/scalp? It has been annoying the heck out of me!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes indeed. I actually be happy to see mines. The days leading up to it and right after it goes off are pure hell. I get the odd sensations like something is crawling and I get the twitching. I hate all those weird head symptoms.
  • Posted

I totally agree, I always get relief when my period arrives so I am always pleased to see them, they never bother me it's just the rest of the month that does.
    • Posted

That's how I feel. The rest of the month is pure torture but my period itself is not the main problem anymore. It doesn't mean I'm problem free during my period, it's just that the time before and after are worse.
  • Posted

Here here... I feel very relieved after a period. I say 'blood must come out' leading up to my period. I sometimes feel so aggressive &tense that it feels as if I would stab someone or myself. Then period comes; all the blood shed is in the right place without anyone getting killed. smile smile Phew!
  • Posted

Hi everyone

Relief days are becoming less and less these days. Run up to coming on is horrible, night sweats, tearful, depressed, bloated, sore breasts, raging appetite and rubbish sleep. Period comes and I feel drained, coming off my period seems to take ages and hello to the worst anxiety ever mainly around health. So basically I have no more than a week per month of feeling as near to normal as I can. I'm 40 in a few months but I know there's something going on, my mother was put on hrt at 47 after suffering for years, she come off it at 52 and never had another period so as far as I'm concerned I'm not too young to be seeing changes already.

• Posted

No you're definitely not too young. I started this madness at about 35. I'm 42 now. Doctors insist I'm not in Peri because I'm still seeing regular periods. I have a friend who has all the symptoms that I have and she's still seeing her periods too and the doctors told her she is in peri. So who knows?! I know my body and cycle's performance has changed a lot in the past seven years.
    • Posted

Hi again

I have regular periods too so my doctor told me it was all anxiety but I don't buy it! I do suffer with anxiety but it seems to be specific times of my cycle. I think your very lucky if you have a doctor who understands this stage in a woman's life. The trouble is people think it's menopause but it isn't, it's the nightmare stage before that so I am quite young to be going through the menopause but not at all for peri. Every woman knows their own bodies, wev had to since we started our periods.

• Posted

Thats the same thing my doctor says. You're still having a period and you are too young. Your bloods dont show menopsuse. Of course they dont because im not in menopause but im clearly in peri and it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see it and i am not too young. I'll be 39 in two months but let the docs tell it, im too young and its all in my head, and i'm depressed, and I'm anxious.
  • Posted

Yes, it would be a relief... my last one started April 8, two days after I had my ovary removal, on a 23-day cycle.  So it's now 31 days later and I have horrible PMS.  They were getting to be somewhat irregular before I had the surgery, but giving up an ovary is just adding more fuel to the fire.
    • Posted

I had my right ovary removed when I was 26 before I had my kids. I'm now 42. But I did begin having symptoms after the oophrectomy. After I had my son at age 35, my peri symptoms were stronger and even worse after I had my second child at age 39. It seems like I went straight from post partum to peri menopause--no red lights, just full speed ahead into it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.