Actually so scared

Posted , 6 users are following.

So i'm a 16 year old girl i would say i am pretty healthy but since friday night my left breast has been having shooting pains in it i'v been so worried because its close to my heart and i'm terrified its going to kill me. Last night i woke up with a shooting pain in my left breast which made me panic so much i thought i was dying. My mum says it won't be anything serious like a heart attack because i'm on 16 but i'm sure its something worse that just stress i'm so scared and not sure what to do anyone got  advice?

Thanks aimee x

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hey is it painful to breathe in when you get these shooting pains or just the pains themself? x
    • Posted

Not really it juat comes at random timea off the day just a sharp shoot pain at the top of my breast 
  • Posted

Aimee:  Is the pain within the breast or under or around toward the middle...If the pain is confined within the breast, it is usually not serious, but you might want to check with your doctor just to make sure...Try not to panic because it only makes pain worse..
    • Posted

Its hard to tell but its mainly at the top of my breast so i am guessing in the breast i'm just way tol scared going to see a doctor tomorrowsad
    • Posted

It will probably turn out to be nothing serious..Please let us all know...God bless!!
    • Posted

Hi Aimee, I'm aware that shooting pains in the breast are generally caused by hormonal fluctuations which given your age is more than likely to be the reason and is normal and subsides over time, in the mean time and until you see your Dr you should tell yourself that this us the most likely reason for it and is nothing to worry about it although until your Dr confirms it's also normal to fret. N
  • Posted

This is very common - I get them all the time. My doc says they are normal but it is a very scary feeling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.