Acupuncture?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Girls,

Just wondering if anyone had tried acupuncture for relieving the Hell of menopause and, if so, did you feel any benefit?   A good friend of mine is considering giving it a try but would like to know the general opinion first (she's resisted googling it). 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I don't blame her for not googling it. I stopped googling months ago as everytime I would look up anything it would scare the crap out of me. My mind already races with a million thoughts I don't need anything to add to the anxiety. I do have a friend who uses acupuncture and she said it helps her with muscle relaxation. So it just may help bring your friend some relief.
  • Posted

hi dunnit, i read many ladies reporting back about acupucture and it has been effective for certain symptoms.

theres an acupressure app on iphone that clearly specifies different massage points for various symptoms  like  heavy bleeding, painful bleeding, headache, high blood pressure, nausea & vomitting, heart pain, mournfulness, sleeplessness, tiredness, depression etc where the point to be massaged is specified and the type of movements required, use of buckwheat grain for effective results too. I have used and im sure best results could be had if done regularly and in the proper way. I wont it has been a ' life-saver' - needs faith and patience

• Edited

Hiya ! Yes I have and its been a fantadtic help for me -right from the first session. The change its made for me is considerable and has certainly eased many of my issues.

Please do consider acupuncture if you can as they can treat you quite specifically and really listen to you. Please seek out an approved practitioner though.

I still go every week for my acupuncture to keep everything balanced. Whilst its not an overall outright "cure" it has truly worked wonders for me. Headaches gone, dizzyness vastly reduced as are mood swings. Circulation and sleep improved 90% too. Tightness in throat and chest 98% better- indigestion now hardly noticesble. Currently being treated for menstrual related issues and constipation and after 2 weeks its so much better.

Have an open mind and try it luvvie-it diesnt hurt and it certainly helps me. All the best with this -let me know how you get on if you decide to give it a go. Xxx

• Posted

Hi Girls

Thank you for your positive responses.  When I meet up with my friend tomorrow I'll pass the information on to her, I think it will help her make the decision.

Thank you again  xx

• Posted

Hi

I did try homeopathy, it did help somewhat,  acupunture will only give temporary benefit.  

• Posted

Hi dunnit , absolutely YES! I'm been peridot a year now and went to my acupuncture thinking I was dying , my ob had put me on hormone replacement , I had just about everything on the list , he started treating me in 2weeks I felt way better , I was going to see him 3xweek , I'm now using a tiny amount of hormone patch 0.25 , now I see him twice a month , I stopped seeing him for 4months and my anxiety came back so in back , it takes a full year of no period and no hormone replacement so you'll be free of most symptoms , but I feel i can't leave this little patch , EVER!
  • Posted

Hi  one of the options given to me by the doc was acupuncture which I jumped at as I was trying to resist HRT. I had x6 session and I must be honest they didn't make any difference what's so ever at £40 a time as well.

Apparently it works for so people but not me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.