Acupuncture

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had received any benefit from acupuncture? I tried it for the first time yesterday in the hope that it would ease my worse symptoms (horrible fatigue and aches/heaviness in legs), I don't really know if it has done anything, but they have advised that this should be a weekly thing to feel the improvement. It is so costly that I don't want to go bankrupt if there have not been any success stories! Thanks.

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Emma,I had acupuncture last October,I found it does take a few week's to kick in but it really did work for me.I found for the first time in 7 years I actually felt awakesmile I felt like id been to sleep and woke up....instead of feeling like I hadn't slept for weeks!! I could also walk normal without pain omg I felt almost normal again!! Don't get me wrong it didn't cure me,but helped a lot.that lasted a few month's ,I didn't go back when I should of because I felt ok...and then wore myself down,you really need to keep up with your appointments even if you feel good...hope it work's for you too,I think anything is worth a try,good luck xx
    • Posted

Hi Lisa, that's great that it worked for you! I'm going to give it a few more sessions to see if there is any difference. I've been twice now to two different practicioners, as I don't think either has been right for me, so hopefully third time lucky! Hope your health is now good, thank you for your reply smile

• Posted

Hey Lisa, i'm 2 weeks in 4 session of acupuncture later and you said-

'Hi Emma,I had acupuncture last October,I found it does take a few week's to kick in but it really did work for me.I found for the first time in 7 years I actually felt awake [smile] I felt like id been to sleep and woke up....instead of feeling like I hadn't slept for weeks.'

This is EXACTLY how i have feel at the momet. I would love this mental energy to flow to the rest of my body. The TCM linic have told me it is VERY important to follow the course through for complete resolution of the problem, the time of this is not set in stone. They have hinted at 3 months. then you would have maintenance at one session/month. I'd take that in a second.

• Posted

Emma--one thing that is so true with CFS/ME, is that different things work for different people. So the only way to know if something is going to work is to give it a try. I totally understand that you don't want to spend money for a treatment that isn't going to work. But in my experience, you just have to dive in. I think acupuncture is a very worthwhile treatment to try, though I have to admist that in my case, it didn't help. Why don't you give it a month or so and see if you notice any benefit? Oh, and some people take a regimen of Chinese herbs along with the acupuncture. One last thought: at least with acupuncture, if it doesn't work, you typically wouldn't get bad side effects. With any drug (or even with some supplements), side effects are pretty common.
    • Posted

Hi Jackie, it definitely seems to be trial and error! The places that I have visited so far have not offered the herbs, so I think I need to find a more traditional practice (the two practitioners that I have seen also put the needles in different places?!). Very true about the side effects, thank you for all of your advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.