Acupuncture

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi so I had my physio again today, we are going to move on to acupuncture next, I was wondering has anyone else tried this and has it worked ?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had three or four sessions last November when I was quite bad and getting worse and did nothing. Maybe if it’s not too serious or on the road to recovery it might help.
    • Posted

Thanks, we are trying the acupuncture first before we go on to injections if necessary. Physio doesn’t seem to be doing anything other than cause more pain!! 
    • Posted

Kaz there are good Physios & not so good Physios that goes for GP's & surgeons etc... My Physio has not done anything for me, you are just as well looking on youtube for sciatica exercises.

I had 5 + months of severe sciatica in both legs & I was begging for surgery the pain was that bad & debilitating, but my neuro' consultant surgeon kept on fobbing me off, now in a way I am glad he did, I did not have any surgery,but I have picked up some good info from this Forum & youtube & now 6 months on I can cope with where I am, not totally free from sciatica but 97 % better than I was, I do steady exercises first thing every morning for about 10/15 minutes...I particularly find that stretches work well.

you may want to try these..

https://www.nhs.uk/livewell/backpain/pages/sciatica-exercises.aspx

Best of luck

• Posted

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/sciatic-nerve-pain-from-the-perspective-of-many-decades-629096

I have used acupuncture for other issues very successfully, just not for sciatica.

• Posted

Kaz there are good Physios & not so good Physios that goes for GP's & surgeons etc... My Physio has not done anything for me, you are just as well looking on youtube for sciatica exercises.

I had 5 + months of severe sciatica in both legs & I was begging for surgery the pain was that bad & debilitating, but my neuro' consultant surgeon kept on fobbing me off, now in a way I am glad he did, I did not have any surgery,but I have picked up some good info from this Forum & youtube & now 6 months on I can cope with where I am, not totally free from sciatica but 97 % better than I was, I do steady exercises first thing every morning for about 10/15 minutes...I particularly find that stretches work well.

you may want to try these..

https://www.nhs.uk/livewell/backpain/pages/sciatica-exercises.aspx

Best of luck

• Posted

Kaz

I forgot to mention during my exercise regime I have also been taking Turmeric capsules 1000mg per day but I split the capsules into a cup add a touch of ground ginger & warm water about a 3rd of a small cup stir it well & drink, its best recommended on an empty stomach, try to get it down in one go, it does not taste very nice so have a quick swig of milk after...this is a very good anti-inflammatory herbal med' , its also good for a variety of things as well as sciatica.

Also in the evening when sat watching TV I place a hot water bottle in a cushion & place it behind me at the bottom of my back....I really recommend this also.

Remember it takes time for all this to take effect, so don't expect very quick results, I was doing all this for 4 to 5 weeks before I felt the benefit. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.