Acupuncture

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, fed up with tablets that have horrendous side affects , so im gonna try acupuncture for my Tn

Has anyone else tried it ?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Hi.

I tried acupuncture. It was a $1000 waste for me. Didn't work at all so I finally underwent mvd surgery.

• Posted

There is a lot of evidence that shows accupuncture can and does help with certain things. That said, TN is a very real, physical problem. Physical issues such as this need to be treated the proper way. Eastern and alternative medicines are, outside of some accupuncture and massage, useless and I would go so far as to say snake oil. There is one big reason our life spans have more than doubled in a century: western medicine. Though it is not perfect, it is far more useful than the alternative. Accupuncture might help you to relax, but it will not relieve your TN pain.

• Posted

yes i tried it work for a year, then stop working. I had MVD surgery. I take CBD drops and apply cream as needed. Cold and tightness triggers sensations that left alone would give me pain before so thats when I use the natural stuff. I can feel the nerves in pain area relax and no pain.

It has no side affects and does not make me foggy like meds. Hope this helps

• Posted

Hi Ernestine,

I'm glad CBD drops are helping you. Can you please tell me the name and brand and how many drops you take? Better yet, can you please take a picture of the CBD and the cream you are referring to? I've been on so many medications for the past 12 years and had 2 failed MVDs. I currently take kratom powder to help with the pain but I'm always open to other natural products.

Thanks in advance,

Nina

• Posted

CBD drop & cream from Green Roads, they have different strenghths. My drop strength is 350 Mg. cream is 500 Mg. vape morning & night. I can buy products locally so u may want to check or internet.

• Posted

I tried to post picuture but file is to big to post.

Here are the products I use.

hemplucid 500 mg - body butter

CBD oil 350 MG - from GREEN ROADS

I take 1/2 dropper - 1 dropper as needed

They have stronger strengths of both for severe pain.

I also use a diposable CBD pen morning and bed time, from same brand.

I get these products locally and they are all legal in all states.

• Posted

It's a shame so many folks are given opiates to combat the pain and they don't work. It's also unfortunate that people continue to suggest all of these alternative medicines and then don't want them to be called what they are, snake oil. They are. While someone might find relief in a particular "herbal remedy", most of that relief is in the mind. The desire to feel better boosts your own system and folks associate this reduction in pain with what ever pseudo scientific method they just tried. I'm all for using whatever helps, even if it is mind over matter, but saying this stuff has some sort of actual mechanism that physically helps TN pain is disingenuous at best.

• Posted

Whatever works to get your life back, a positive attitude is key as per my surgeon. Live- Love- Laugh life is short don't wait to live the best quality of life without pain.

• Posted

Absolutely. That's some excellent attitude advice and something we can all get behind.

• Posted

Hi Colin,

It seems like you are against alternative medicines and opiates use for TN pain. I happened to use both for my TN pain and they both work to a certain degree. I see that you are given a lot of negative opinions on alternative medicines and opiates, but I don't see any recommendation on what would help with TN pain. I have been through it all, eastern medicines, western medicines, surgeries, nerve blocks, acupuncture, massages, so on and so forth and nothing really works. I'm open to anything that will help...any suggestions?

• Posted

I am not opposed to opiates as there is evidence they work for some folks. As far as meds go, the standard bearer is Carbamazepine. Lyrica has been shown to help (I know as it helped me a great deal before my MVD surgery). However, you mention you have done the meds and surgeries. Have you had the MVD surgery?

As far as Eastern medicine, I think the only thing that has been shown to help at all is accupuncture but again, you've done that. I know that a lot of folks who have struggled like you have ended up having the nerve severed as a last ditch solution. Not the route I think is the best but it sounds like you have been through the ringer.

• Posted

Hi Colin,

Yes, I had 2 failed MVDs with complications which now I'm stuck with damaged nerves that twist, pull, spin 24/7 inside my mouth, lips, face and head. I've taken all meds and nothing worked but opiates, which helps around 40% to 70% at most. I've also done nerve blocks, botox to my mouth, lips, and they didn't help. The pain I have now is constant and horrendous. I was a successful business woman in the oil and gas industry for over 25 years, but now I no longer work due to this 24/7 pain. I've tried everything and nothing has worked. Lately, I have been taking kratom powder for the past 6 months. They help somewhat and I am reducing my opiates intake. I would like to get off opiates altogether because I know it's not good for me long term and I have been on them daily for over 3 years. My 1st mvd was June 2014 and 2nd was Oct 2015. My nerve has not been severed and that's not the route I want to take at this point because it could possible make things worse for me.

• Posted

Wow. That is a seriously intense bout of tx for the TN. I have been reading up on Kratom and it seems there are some bad side effects to it though unless you are pregnant, they aren't nearly as bad as the pain of TN itself. Opiates are so easy to become dependent on but having had TN myself, I'd rather be addicted to crack than endure that again. Did the MVD ever work? Even for a few months?

• Posted

Have you tried cbd or thc for your pain no side affects and relieves pain. Hope this helps

• Posted

Wow! Ms Ernestine, i have been reading your posts from past 12 months. I am so very sorry, friend. I have been off the grid for a long while and did not know. I'm sorry, friend.

Like you, i am also now taking the CBD/THC "Medical Cannabis" and it's the ONLY thing i have found to finally stop the TN pain and on it, i can go through a full shingles outbreak, seeing the rash, but feeling no pain. With the CBD oil blocking the THC, it blocks the high and i'm sober as a judge taking it, unlike the effects i have taking opioid meds. I'm still a coward when it comes to having the corrective surgery. So, as long as this is working for me, i will keep my yellow streak. LOL 😆

I'm sorry you've had such a rough time. I hope you are doing well now. Take care.

~Rhonda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.