Skip to content
Ad

Trigeminal Neuralgia

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Constant gum pain

I have not been diagnosed yet- Im gathering information and trying to figure out my next step? Im considering neurologist? I've had 8 dental appts including 2 endodontist appointments since August for right side teeth and gum pain. I've had close to at least 10 oral xrays including a full...

Last reply
  • sever the nerve

Hi Can anybody give any information on the effects of severing the nerve to treat trigeminal  neuralgia. My daughter has suffered from this condition for several years and has had three or four surgical procedures which if anything has made the condition worse. It has now been suggested that the...

Last reply
  • My TN pain has me at breaking point

So I was told by my dr last year I have TN. After taking over a year to be diagnosed the pain I could handle to start with but now it's just so unbearable the dr had me on tegritol for 6 months the took me off them and told me take paracetamol and if the pain gets bad return I returned and was told...

Last reply
  • MVD without serious side effects?

Has anyone had an MVD without suffering long term side effects? I’m asking because I’m scheduled for an MVD to resolve a trapped nerve, but the many horror stories on here are putting  me off. Has anyone actually had an MVD without suffering post surgery consequences like numbness, loss of hearing,...

Last reply
  • Cyber knife help

Hi All So I’ve had TN2 for about 3 years now and it comes for about 10 days then goes away for about 2 months  or so well this time it’s not going away. I have an appointment for Cyber Knife procedure the week after Thanksgiving. Can anyone give me any information or pointers or things I should...

Posted
  • Atypical Odontalgia

Hi guys, For the past two months I've suffered with pain which seemed to stem from a crown I had previously had a crown and two root canals on. I also had a strange dull sensastion across my jaw and cheek, sometimes turning into tingling. After 5 dentists, and seemingly no explanation why I was...

Last reply
  • MVD and grey hair

This might sound silly, but I would like to know if anyone else has experienced a greying of hair on the side of the surgery. Bear with me here... I am 42 and have not had a single grey in my life. The surgery was 1.5 years ago. My parents did not begin greying until my mother was in her late 50's...

Last reply
  • trigeminal neuralgia, seriously cant cope anymore, tips please

So I'm 24 and since Friday have been in agony, sunday the doctor said it was trigeminal neuralgia, after reading info on it, as I had never heard of it, its left me pretty depressed, I can't face doing any house hold chores, I've literally just lay on sofa, with my scarf wrapped round my...

Last reply
  • My crazy year of symptoms with no diagnosis

I started seeing a new orofacial pain dentist last week and I had a follow up with my neurologist today.  The orofacial pain dentist told me to mention trigeminal neuralgia to the neurologist and see what his opinion was.  He ordered a brain EEG and carbatrol  While I have a few of the...

Posted
  • Do I have Trigeminal Neuralgia?

I'm male and 43 years old. Over a month ago, I was using a powerdrill, had it in the wrong direction and it kicked back on me and the heavy whacked me extremely hard on the right side of my face, after in and out of my GP, and xrays showed no signs of a fracture,  a doctor diagnosed me as a...

Last reply
  • Just diagnosed - struggling to find support and information

I was just diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia. My only support system is my husband. I reached out to the Kansas City contact for the Facial Pain Association but their group only meets every other month, next meeting is in January. The contact did recommend one of their books. And, sure enough, it is...

Last reply
  • Sinus and roof of mouth pain!!!

Hi I wanted to find out if having sinus issues is commen with tn? I have a runny and congested nose that throbs and burns and stings..I also suffer the same sensations in the roof of my mouth...this is on top of right sided face and teeth pain...I suppose I'm not sure it's tn was looking in to...

Last reply
  • Literally feel like dying , pain 24/7 No one understands me.

I've had pain on both sides of my face and it's only gotten worse over the course of 2 yearsIt's so bad like all the time, my cheeks burn! Like all the time 24 /7 the only thing that helped was dihydrocodeine, I was pain free, but I still kind of had a full feeling I had a ct scan didn't...

Last reply
  • Facial tingling

Hello all  Any help appreciated.  For the last while I’ve been getting like a weird tingling on my cheeks on my face. Directly below my eyes. It’s not numb as I can feel myself touching it but it seems to be getting worse. Dr thought I had sinusitis even though no stuffiness or nasal discharge....

Last reply
  • Pain breakthrough/Flare ups

I am in the midst of a bad flare up which has lasted over a week, it’s making me so miserable that Im upping my medication, this seems to happen every three months or so. In the opinion of fellow sufferers does pain breakthrough indicate that I’ve done something to irritate ‘the beast’ and it can be...

Last reply
  • Flying with TN

Hi I am currently being investigated for TN.  Symptoms are electric like shocks in my gums and teeth around my left hand side.  It all started on a flight in July and has returned on 3 other flights since then.  The pain is excruciating and painkillers dont help.  In September the...

Last reply
  • How I survived, researched, and overcame Trigeminal Neuralgia

I'm going to tell my story so it will be kind of long, but has a great end ing..promise;-). In 2011, at age 29, I noticed a sharp pain when I brushed my teeth. At the time, like many others, I assumed it was dental related. I went to the dentist and they found nothing wrong. As the weeks went on,...

Last reply
  • I have MS now I have TN left side mouth

I had gamma knife surgery on my right side forTN in my back molars. I had this for 4 years. Now I have it in the left upper front in my mouth. I can barely talk or drink when it starts. I am taking 3 hundred mg Gabapentin every 4 hours it is not enough now I need Klonopin and the TN is still there....

Last reply
  • Facial tingling/tightness with lip and tongue sensations.

So I have all the symptoms listed in the “title” all on my right side.  I ve had 6wks of headache on left side and saw a cranial osteopath who worked gently on my neck and shoulders and said they were totally jammed    This has helped but now seems to have not progressed any further. I...

Last reply
  • Advice needed in whom do I need to get referred to after MRI

Hello all, I have just seen my dr tonight to see what the next step is after having MRI scan and not very good. Firstly he couldn't even tell me if anything was seen resting against my trigeminal nerve or a blood vessel ? As he said can only go by what radiologist has written and he cannot read a...

Last reply
  • Tegretol – Trigeminal Neuralgia – Remission

Dear all, Just felt the need to write and say, I am finally off Tegretol for the past 7 days and so far so good. I think and hope I’m in remission, never thought I would ever be able to say that!! :o)) it’s been a very long and tough year!  My story - As much as I hated the drug, it defo worked...

Last reply
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia

I have been diagnosed with trigeminal Neuralgia- however I have swelling along that nerve path, the side of my face. Has anyone else also had swelling?@

Last reply
  • The emotional aspect of this disease

I will make this as short as possible. I'm still struggling with accepting this disease. I have very little support and frankly scared to death on how the rest of my life will be like. I have been in horrific pain for the last month and due to the lack of access to good caring medical professionals...

Last reply
  • TN pain gone - for good hopefully.

For some people, the TN pain comes and goes. Have anyone kept track of what causes it to go away ? I've had TN toothache for more than 2 years. It's pain 24/7. There are times that it comes every 5 minutes thru out the day. Like you're getting your teeth drilled every 5 minutes, spreads...

Last reply
  • Occipital Neuralgia....

I had MVD for TN in Jan. 2017 and that took care of the TN pain which was wonderful but after I was weened off the medication  I had pain in the back left side of my head, the same side as the TN. After going to PT, acupuncture and massages, I was diagnosed as having Occipital Neuralgia. I had a...

Last reply
  • Trigeminal neuralgia gum pain

I've had two trigeminal neuralgia attacks over the last two years. The first was lasted a month and a half and came after a root canal. The second came after a tooth had to be pulled due to a fractured root. I have facial pain on one side that has eased over the last month. I am now experiencing...

Last reply
  • AEP AEP

Have TN bad.

Had for 2 years off and on. Neurologist has me on that nerve medicine everybody takes. Works during the day but makes me sick and tired. At night it fires up no matter how much I take and can't sleep. Can't take this much longer. I realize there are people with worse things but this is in the...

Last reply
  • Mvd side effect

have done mvd recently 15 dats before my right hand and leg have little movment now i cant set and walk and i cant talk clear can any one suggest me good advice before opertion i was normal person, can any one suggest same experience

Last reply
  • Life after Gamma Knife

I had gamma knife radiation for a tumor and my TN (at the same time). I know it may take months for the trigeminal nerve to respond to the treatment but has anyone experienced this transition and could give me an idea of what to expect when things start to respond?

Last reply
  • Mvd side effects

I have done mvd recently 15 dats before my right hand and leg have little movment now i cant set and walk and i cant talk clear can any one suggest me good advice before opertion i was normal person

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.