TN1 episodes

Posted , 2 users are following.

I now know that I had TN1 episodes in 2007, 2013, 2019 and just this past week of 11/8/2021. I worked through the 3 previous ones not knowing what was wrong and they only lasted a day. The one I am in now has been going on a week so will be seeing the doctor tomorrow and sort this out. I am 76 years old and have never had any head trauma nor any MS diagnosis. My sister also has this but in addition to the pain, she has facial numbness. My questions is if there can be other causes for this weird TN1 that I've been experiencing that anyone may have had or heard of. Also are the medications prescribed to take when an episode occurs or is medicine taken to prevent episodes. Can't find any info on that. All of the questions I intend to ask tomorrow, but thought I'd ask on the forum and see what info might pop up. Eating, drinking, swallowing, talking are lost causes so hope I don't starve to death. Thank you.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hi there! I am new sufferer from Hong Kong. The pandemic is severe here in Hong Kong. I stay home all the time. I am now trying Chinese medicine. I would like to hear more other peoples experience and share mine. i found that when i drink warm water the pain reduced a little. when i sleep i put taurine powder in my mouth and not to swallow it. it helps me to sleep with less pain. quercetin powder works too. the oral membrane can absorb.

massage of other parts of the body but not the face that can help to reduce the pain in the face. with the acupressure points.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.