Acupuncture ant

Posted , 4 users are following.

HI has any one tried acupuncture for plantar fasciitis. Just wanted to see if it worked for anyone before I spend yet more money.

Thanks in advance.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi there,  I did try acupuncture last year. I enjoyed health benefits from it (better sleep, stress management) but it did not help my pf. What did help for me, finally, was: icing it every evening, buying very pricey asics running shoes and wearing them 24/7, stretching/strengthening exercises prescribed by chiropractor, and TIME. I am finally healed with very little pain. Life changing. 
    • Posted

Thank you So much for your comments Christina.i am also doing the icing every evening, along with strengthening exercises daily.

• Posted

Yes. I was miserable and tried everything. I am a retired physician and I know a little about it. I did not think it would be a cure but I needed some relief and it did provide that but only for about 24 hours. I did repeat it with the same result. I think it confuses the nervous system to some degree, so you can combine it with anything else that works. We are all different and there is not one solution for everyone. It is never that easy. I suggest you try it if you can afford it and then try lots of other solutions that are on this website. taping your foot while it is healing is a very big help. You can find the taping on Youtube. I liked the leukotape which can stay on for a few days but don't apply it directly to the skin. Use another tape under it. It is very sticky and will be hard to remove. The taping off loads the stress and weight bearing onto the tape and spares the PF, allowing it to heal. I healed my PF in about 4-5 weeks doing this and I could resume normal activity including golf and walking a few miles each day with the tape on.

• Posted

Thank you John..i will try anything, starts to get your mood low as you can't lead a normal life........everything revolves around your F feet!

I 've tried taping but it didn't help much. I will continue with icing, stretching etc and may give acupuncture a whirl. Thank you again.

Dor

• Posted

you may want to try another method. I tried a few and most were useless for me. Here is the one that worked very well for me. 

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

PF is caused by damage or strain to the tissue and is best cured by rest, Cushioning and stretching the calf muscles that are straining the pf. These are the main causes but there are others like bone growths but nerves are not one of them and acupuncture is most effective for nerve related problems but only lasts for a few day's in most cases. Try and establish what caused the pain to start, were you running, doing something different, wearing new shoes, doing ladder work etc. and rest and icing would be the best option and try cushioning with gel insoles or heel pads and wear trainers not flip flops or sandels. These may cause damage to the heel and pf where retirement or just age may cause the Calf muscles to tighten so stretching would be the best option. Try all these cheap options before resorting to surgery or expensive options like acupuncture or steroid injections that are good for joint pain but not tissue related problems

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.