Acupuncture for Atrial Fibrillation

Posted , 7 users are following.

I just came across some articles and literature review on using acupuncture as a therapy for atrial fibrillation. Just wondering if someone here has looked into it, or possibly even used it.

Jim

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jim yes I have tried it for several months. I thought it was helping a bit at first but in the end it did nothing of any great consequence for me and the Doctor who did the acupuncture was a prominent Chinese doctor who didn't speak English. His wife translated for him. He really new his stuff but like I said it didn't do a whole lot for me. I got WAY more out of the FODMAP diet I mentioned before

• Posted

Thanks Sandy for sharing your experience. Could you go into a little more detail by what you mean "it was helping a bit at first"? Were you in afib before the acupuncture treatment and did it take you out of afib or are you talking more about maintenance? Historically, once I'm out of afib I tend to stay out for several years, so right now interested in using the acupuncture to get myself out of afib.

Jim

• Posted

It was more for maintenance I guess. I wasn't in A Fib when I went but I was getting lots of PVC's etc that would/could lead into an A Fib attack so I thought it would help. It seemed to relax me a bit but I found it very hard to lie still for 30 minutes lol.

• Posted

Have you ever heard of EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique?)

• Posted

Hi Penny,

No, but will look into it. Thanks! Has this helped you get out of afib?

Jim

• Posted

Awhile ago I saw a link someone had put on about childhood traumas triggering off heart problems in later life as I believe in the law of cause and effect. I read the link and it made perfect sense to me. It helped give me a lot of insight with regards to the many traumas I suffered as a child so, I tried the EFT (tapping on various meridian points on the upper body) I can only speak for myself but, for a period of time I experienced a sense of calm and peace in my chest area.  My doctor did Acupuncture and I benefited from it for something else so, for me it's not a load of twaddle as someone has suggested.  Penny

• Posted

Personally I think acupuncture is a lot of twaddle. A placebo effect to the power of....?

I mean, a medicine should work whether you believe in it or not yes? Well I had it for headaches, but I was sceptical. It didn't work, cost me money and gave me an infection where they put it in (my big toe).

So really, just try meditation and mindfulness, this may help just as well. 

• Posted

Don't know about acupuncture, but on some message on this board recently saw a comment or link about just "acupressure", talked about the eye sockets and a couple of other areas.  And it seems to be helping me somewhat, eye sockets, bridge of nose, forehead. Just what variety of arrhythmia I have is still a mystery but whatever it's name I'm having a lot of it these days.

?I've been wondering if one of these newfangled pain relievers, little electronic buzzers of some sort or other you can strap to your back or thigh, might be something to try.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.