Acupuncture for depression

Posted , 5 users are following.

has anyone any help they can share regarding acupuncture to relieve depression and anxiety?  Also interested in reiki.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ann 

I had acupuncture many years ago after having breast cancer.  It's definitely worth a try, it did help me with the anxieties I had at that time.

I've also had Reiki and Reflexology, both worked very well for my anxiety at the time.

• Posted

Yes, i think i would like to try alongside reflexology, i have a local girl who is just lovely and has offered to do it but i am too nervy to go and have to take diazepam which defeats the purpose.   I need to grasp it and try to get over my fears
  • Posted

Sounds like you are desperate to try all options and take responsibility for your recovery. Self care and being kind to yourself is always a very good move.

I massage myself hands, feet and shoulders maily. I use a nice moisturiser and tell the area of my body I'm massaging how grateful I am for it and how much I care for it. I've seen my circulation improve and my whole health, mental and physical, has improved.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.