Acupuncture for hot flushes

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone.. since I've had medical induced menopause 3 years ago I've been having hot flushes and sweats and is soo embarrassing at work as have to wear a uniform and literally have to carry around tissues etc.. I cant have HRT as had breast cancer and on 2 lots of medications to try and sort them out but that's not working and my oncologist advised me to try acupuncture..has anyone tried it as I've tried it before for my arms but it didn't

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Izzy, I'm sure you will have looked at the Cancer Research UK website, I'll put a link after this post, just in case you have missed it.

I have had acupuncture on my tennis elbow & it was great! But, it was done by one of my GPs, so I trusted him & thought that if he recommended it, it must be ok if you know what I mean. I was referred to a Physio who also did acupuncture but she didn't actually do it & tried to fob me off.

I would recommend it from my experience with the GP. I looked locally & found that the local University offered courses in acupuncture & they had clinics that members of the public could go to, paying a fee. I would try this myself because the students would be well supervised.

I wish you the best of luck Izzy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.