Acupuncture for tension headaches?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone tried chiropractor or acupuncture for tension headaches?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I've been having some of these recently. It's helped me. Massaging the neck and back helps too. My therapist said my neck is out of place coz of tension then that causes all sorts of problems

• Posted

So acupuncture works for you joe ? How many sessions have you had ?
    • Posted

Yes they have helped. I've had a few sessions now once a week it's definitely improved. Mine has even effected my vision so I needed to do something!

• Posted

Hi emily,

I suffer daily from chronic tension type headaches. Are yours a daily or nearly daily ? And I would be interested to hear if acupuncture works so let me know if you have success. Good luck

• Posted

Yes mine are chronic.... Every day sometimes I get a couple days relief.... Lots of pressure it's horrible

• Posted

Chiropractor yes they can help with all kinds of headaches when I was still with my wife I'd go there for my back and she would go for her headaches and we both found relief of our respective symptoms to a great degree. Can't hurt to try. Acupuncture? Not sure.

• Posted

I'm truly glad you asked about this Emily. I was wondering about this myself. I'd hope it helps in some way. I've been abit to nervous to look into it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.