Acupuncture for Urinary Retention

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hello All,

I began Clean Intermittent Catheterization (CIC) a month ago for my Urinary Retention and would be interested in any who have tried acupuncture for this condition.

I welcome any and all feedback, thank you.

Patrick

2 likes, 50 replies

50 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Tried acupuncture and Chinese herbs for about 6 months and unfortunately no help. But, after it was finally determining my problem was due to a median lobe not surprised since I don't think acupuncture can help with a physical blockage no matter how much you do it.

Did Urolift with minimal benefit, then did Medlift about 8 months later and it has helped so I only have to CIC about once every 5-7 days.

CIC should hopefully help your bladder improve before deciding on a procedure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.