Acupuncture Update

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone,   I have been having acupuncture for approximately 6 weeks now, going once a week, and now fortnightly.  I was having a really rough time before I began treatment.  Happily, it is all going well, and I am in no pain, I can clean my teeth again without fear of triggering an attack, chew my food, swallow, talk, lie on that side, etc, etc.  I have also reduced the amount of medication I'm taking plus lengthening the time between doses.

So, for me so far, acupuncture is a positive experience for me, and hopefully continues to be.  I was told to avoid alcohol, sugary food, oil, but have plenty of greens.  I also take the special Chinese medicine without fail, which changes from week to week.

Best wishes everyone, Patricia.

3 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Patricia, this is brilliant. I have been having acupuncture for approx 12 weeks and I am now having treatment once a month as with you the results have been amazing, no pain 😀 Really glad you are feeling good and are getting good results.

Janet x

• Posted

Fabulous Janet.  Keep in touch, as I'd love to know how you are progressing.  Patricia 😊
    • Posted

Janet, meant to ask you whether you have stopped all meds or just reduced them?   And diet?  Are you taking Chinese med. tablets also?  Patricia.
  • Posted

Hi Patricia

really good to hear that acupuncture is working for you. I had a course myself but it did nothing for me (apart from when he stuck a needle in my right jaw socket and was is the worst pain ever!). I think it's down to the experience of the practitioner. Do you mind me asking where you go please? If not, no worries. Have a good day. Paula

• Posted

I'm sorry that happened to you Paula.  You are right, as with any medical practitioner, they must have experience, and be reputable in their field. 

I'd be happy to tell you where I go, but unless you are in Melbourne, Australia ???  You must find one who has experience treating TN.  Keep looking, and I wish you all the best.  Patricia 

• Posted

That's a shame, was hoping you were uk based! biggrin  I do have family in Melbourne so maybe ......  

I will keep looking but thanks anyway! Paula

• Posted

Thank you for sharing this Patricia.  I am pain-free right now but may try this later.  Mary
  • Posted

Wow, what good news..I think I will try it. 

What medicine are you tapering off of , if you dont mind me asking. I have been on tegretol, do not like the side effects  and still have breakthrough pain...Now I am on baclofen but pain is TERRIBLE. I had forgotten how it was..Anything natural, I will try..Thanks for the upbeat news...I need it!

• Posted

Hi Anna, I'm taking Lyrica and some Trileptal.  Try the acupuncture, you never know it might just work for you.  This is the thing, what works for one, doesn't necessarily work for another.  You've got to give various things a try.  I  gave neck adjustments a go, and that worked a treat for a couple of years, and then the practitioner left, but you need to find one experienced with TN.  ALL THE BEST TO YOU?  Patricia 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.