Acupuncture - weird sensation

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. So I had 4 sessions of acupuncture so far. It is for anxiety. 3 regular front acupuncture and 1 cupping plus needles along my back.

Cupping was done at the 3rd session and I had a lot of muscle pain the day after both in my back and front. It was also a time when I decided to reduce beta blockers I take from 10mg to 5mg. I was anxious about it so that could be contributing too to my stress levels. Now, since the day after cupping I have this weird sensation in my chest, kinda between my breasts and a bit above. It's like a warm, tingling feeling but it makes me anxious, I don't like it. I feel weird, for the last 2 days (3rd and 4th sessions were done last week) it feels like shivers along my body. You know this type when you listen to the songs sometimes and it gets your hair to go up pver your body when you like the song wink Well that's how I feel. I am scared of this feeling. I also feel a bit sick and lost appetite. Is it possible that there is some energy channel that got opened or there is something wrong with it? Stressing out over it sad

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The muscle pain is normal when tight muscles are loosened. Not sure about the tingling but possibly a healing response. You can ask your acupuncturist if your worried
    • Posted

Thanks for reply! I appreciste it x

Yes, I will ask about it tomorrow. I am wondering is it just anxiety coming out plus the fact that I was trying to come off beta blocker and that was obviously on my mind... I will see tomorrow what he thinks about it... Just thinking that my body just has to manifest this stress and I just have to get patient... my legs for example felt very weak even tho I never had any issue with them before. But knowing life it's anxiety again so I am not stressing over it.. cannot wait for the day when I will be back to my old self again! For the moment tho I just have to suck this up and keep going! wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.