Acute abdominal pain for the past couple of months. Could it be Amlodipine?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Have been having acute abdominal pain almost daily for the past couple of months. It comes on in the morning and continues through the day, easing off around dinner time most days. I searched Amlodipine and found this site. I removed Amlodipine from my PM meds tonight and hope I will see some relief tomorrow.

I have been taking this medication for some years now, but only started experiencing the pain fairly recently, so this wasn't high on my suspect meds list. First my doctor changed my diabetes med, because I had heard Metformin could cause such symptoms. A month later, I was still in pain. So, I started searching my other meds online. This pain, which gets quite severe at times, is making my life a misery. I hope stopping Amlodipine does the trick!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

4 Days after stopping Amlodipine, my abdominal pain is steadily decreasing. Belching after meals is greatly reduced. Less burning and pressure in my upper GI tract. BMs getting more normal and easier to pass. Am greatly encouraged.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.