Acute bleeding for 1 month and counting

Posted , 1 user is following.

The last few months have been a nightmare and continues to be so.  I am healing from a brain injury and my doc decided to give me a detoxing supplement called glutathione to help with tremors.  What it did was delay my period till day 45.  I found it strange as my period is usually on time.  I stopped it and my period came, except it was so heavy that i was changing a pad in an hour or less.  

A week goes by and I hoped it was just my regular period length. Nope another week goes by and i’m hoping that maybe the supplement needs to finish detoxing.  Nope.  By third week i’m getting light headed and went to emerg.  They didnt do much but give me tranexamic acid that would postpone the gushing.  Didnt completely stop it.  Saw my gyno and finally took birth control pill Alesse to stop bleeding.  5 pills a day and working my way down to one as bleeding stops.  The nausea and depression was insane but at a week on 4 pills a day i saw almost clear discharge.  By the time I got down to 2 pills a day, I started spotting a brown sludge.  Now at one pill a day I am spotting a lightish period of brown sludge.  

The most peculiar thing is at one pill a day I have developed hot flashes and sweating in my sleep.  Why is the hot flash sweating sudden at one pill and wasnt there when I was taking 5-4 pills??  This hot flash gives me anxiety!!  Could the high doses have done something to my natural hormone levels such as lowering them too much? Now one pill is not giving me enough progesterone or estrogen hence the hot flashes.  i wasnt menopausal or even close to it so why hot flashes on the birth control???  Ive taken Alesse in the past and never experienced hot flashes before so this is a first for me.  I feel either the supplement really screwed with my levels or the high dose Alesse really did it to me.  

Please help!!! Im on a pill that gives me hot flashes yet doesnt completely stop my bleeding.  My doc wanted me to continue for another month but that means another month of brown sludge.  Please tell me my period won’t come while on the pill will it???  If it’s not helping me at all,  i might as well go without the pill and its anxieties and find another route.  Sincerely anxious.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.