Acute cholecystitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone I’m just wondering if any of you ladies could share some light or give me some sort of reassurance as I am absolutely petrified, I’ve suffered with this pain in between my ribs for many years the pain wasn’t always that bad it was manageable with tablets but in July I had a C-Section and about a month or so later I had the same pain in the same place but it was more severe I felt like I couldn’t breath etc all my symptoms matched the gallbladder attack. The next day I went to my GP he felt around and said my gallbladder was inflamed and he thought it was gallstones so come the next day I started to go yellow! I took myself to A+E and they admitted me as my Liver function was high and because of the jaundice. I had a ultrasound and the man was a consultant that did that and he said there was a few little stones in the bile duct so that put me at ease a little then the next day whilst I was in hospital I was in terrible agony with all the same symptoms again then the next day they took me for a MRI scan and that showed no blockage in the duct it was just dilated, and my gallbladder was inflamed. The doctor came and told me I had gallstones and that my gallbladder does need to come out so he said he will keep me for one more day and check my blood results to see if the liver function was coming down as the jaundice was fading slowly. 

The next day arrived and they took more bloods and he told me he would check it by the end of the day..... he came over to me by the afternoon and said it’s coming down slowly and I have to go back to my doctors in a week to repeat the bloods and that they would check it and that he couldn’t operate until the inflammation goes down, but then also said if it doesn’t go down he will have to re-investigate. I’m only 26 with a 3 month old baby and I’m so worried and frightened.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

So sorry you're going through this.  My surgeon had me get ultra sound, MRI, and some other tests.  He told me I did have to have my gall bladder out but consulted with a endocrinologist to have a endoscopy done first.  He felt there were a couple stones at the base of my intestines.  But when they did the endoscopy there were 9 stones outside the gall bladder.  They removed them and then the next day they removed my gall bladder.  Have been fine and that was 3 years ago.  Course because the gall bladder stores cholesterol, having it out, I know am on cholesterol med now for high cholesterol.

• Posted

Do you think I have anything to worry about? I’m so worried and scared x
    • Posted

I'd wait to hear back from your Dr before getting to scared. When do you go back? I'll be praying for your situation and keep me posted.

• Posted

I have to go to my doctors on Friday for a blood test to see if the liver function has gone down but then I won’t no until Monday I’m hoping and praying x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.