Acute epididymitis and hydrocele.....discharged from hospital with open wound

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, on 7 of December my left testicle was a bit painful, on 13 th at 3am i wakeup with severe pain and testicles size of two tennis balls, blood in my urine and also in my sperm. Went to A&E straight away and was diagnosed with acute epididymitis.....after 7 days on painkillers and antibiotics swelling on right testicle was gone and back to normal size, left one is size of a chicken egg. On 20th doctor told me that i also have hydrocele on left testicle, surgery was on 21st and i was discharged same day with open wound....pain is still when i walk 6/10, swelling is dropping very slowly. Any of you was left with open wound after surgery. im from UK

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That sounds awful bud, I hope it all heals well for you.

Can you better explain leaving with an open wound? I posted of my recent experience. stitches and a drain I was not informed of, but no open wound. Never read about anything like that on here before.

• Posted

can i post pictures here? open cut on my scrotum with visible testicle, no stitches, no drain just open wound covered with some dressing. Today while i was changing dressing I've spotted that my testicle is cut open, now im worried as fu...next GP consultation is on Monday but cut on testicle is very visible

• Posted

holy hell. I'm not a doctor but that sounds like beyond malpractice to me. I think I'd go to a ER asap, document it all. You may need a lawyer. I'm not a sue happy guy, but that sounds insane man. Maybe call a second doctor.

I'm in disbelief of what you said. I thought me not being informed of my drain was horrible...

I'm not sure of the photo policy, but id say go for it.

Hoping for the best for you.

• Posted

Afternoon.

How are you getting on? I have just had a second op, and have been discharged with an open draining wound.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.