Acute pain all around the abdomen

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Since a few days I have been experiencing a very painful feeling around my stomach area. The pain persists for a about 30 seconds then disappears, only to come back again after several minutes.

Poking various parts of my stomach with my fingers shows no particular distribution of the pain, everywhere hurts equally. Additionally, contracting any abdominal muscle results in acute pain.

I have no digestive problems, no constipation and no blood in the stool. Appendicitis can also be rules out as it was already taken out when I was a child.

I did not measure any fever during the day, however every morning I wake up in a pool of sweat, indicating nocturnal fever.

Can you please help me diagnose what might be the issue?

Thanks a lot!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If it is not a colicky type of pain which could mean an intestinal infection you might need to speak to GP rather than worry.

Hope you just need something to

Settle it down....trapped wind too is painful..peppermint tea helps.

• Posted

Hi, I have bouts of pain in my tummy, its normally when I've eaten something with fat in it, it feels like a labour pain, I think its trapped wind, the registrar at the I B S Clinic prescribed me Kolanticon absolutely brilliant I take 20ml as soon as I get the pain and it goes, I notice before I get the pain my back aches a bit.

• Posted

Do you have diarrhoea or loose stools?  Have you had any recent stress and have you eaten anything new in your diet? Have you tried a food diary? I have IBS and I have had four different types of stomach pain and back ache along wth constipation and loose stools.   I have had temporary relief after a bowel movement. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.