Acute sarc. Bad knee's

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, Iv recently purchased Knee support straps to help as my knees are really bad with the Acute Sacr. There not the slip on supports they strap around the knee and then hav extra straps for more support, their the only thing thats helping me walk at the moment but i was told not to wear them by a friend as it can be damaging to the muscles?? My doctor didnt recommend them to me as i didnt even ask i just went and got them but now in having doubts??! Anyone any imput on these i would be grateful

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ruby 76798, I think if this knee support was used in short periods like a few hours max a day as they can restrict areas they may need some freedom, I know of athletes using them but they will take them off ASAP due to the apparatus restricting or putting to much pressure loads on tendons or muscles as I know the likes of a tie up ankle supports are ok to a point but do restict the flow of circulation in the foot which is the main concern as the likes of pressure sores can devolope, they are no good for people who may have Diabeties or have Compartment Syndrome due to those circulation issues. If it were me I would personally speak to a Physiotherapist so as to put you in the right direction just in case they may cause other issues or problems..
    • Posted

Thats great Thank you The Chief.. i do wear them going to college and as soon as im home there off.. but i will double check just to be sure !
    • Posted

Hi Ruby

Have you got sarcoid on the knees or is it a symtom from sarcoid elsewhere?

I have been on steroids since oct 2015, and im due for a dexa scan in two weeks however i should of already had one before and during taking the steriods. Bit laxadaisie here in Ireland so i am hoping the joint and what i can only call bone pain is only a side affect and not something else caused by the high steroid doses that i have been on. My pain is hands, elbows, knees, legs and feet. Im going to get something to to support my knees especially driving.

• Posted

Hi AmandaPC,

Im not to sure if im honest i only recently got diagnosed last month with acute sarcoid.. my bloods tested positive for sarcoids and chest xray showed granulomas?! the pain started in my ankle and swelling and has now moved to my knees, i get it down my shins and slight pain in the ankles some days not all the time.. i feel as though the straps help me walking with more support as i feel like the pain shoots through them when in walking causing them to nearly go from under me,but they are awkward to walk in so not to sure for driving well the ones i got anyway .. they have 4straps on each one so there really secure.. Im also living in Ireland been treated.. Im totally lost on whats going on at this stage with me as i dont feel like im in anyway improving when they said i would.. back in 2weeks for a check up, respritory and pulmonary clinic before then see how it goes!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.