Acute shoulder pain, cannot find cause

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello friendly people 😃

My girlfriend hurt her shoulder at work the other day by reaching up and grabbing something from a high shelf.

Very acute and non-chronic (yet).

She now has pain when lifting her arm past 90 degrees and higher.

I've done almost all of the impingement, AC joint, and rotator cuff tests and no hits.

Her pain is centralized in the anterior deltiod region and is highly sensitive to touch/palpation. Again, pain when lifting her arm above 90 degrees. She says the pain is "underneath".

Feeling some crepedis and strange tendon movement at cite of pain.

After a few hours of looking for possible causes, I'm kind of lost.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Go to the doc. They will likely suggest an MRI if you have already gone through PT and exercises don't work. It sounds like it could be a tear by what you are describing, but you will not know until an MRI. And my suggestion to you is if it IS a tear, don't delay in repairing it. It's more successful to heal with a fresh/small tear than one that has grown big/detached more completely form the bone and become ragged due to bone spurs and time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.