Acute sinusitis help

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey all,

I’ve been diagnosed with acute sinusitis about 3 weeks ago.  I have dizziness, pain above my eyebrows, sometimes my cheeks, pain in my neck and the back of my head!!!  Can anyone reassure me that they have also felt like this please as I’m not convinced that it might be the right diagnosis!!  Surely it should be getting better now!!  I’m on amoxicillin (day 2 of the course), steriod nasal spray (been using for about 3 weeks now) & betahestine (for 3 weeks that has done absolutely nothing)!!!  TIA x

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi,

Are you better now? I am just the same as you! For about 3 weeks my nose has been blocked and I have terrible pains all over my head as well as ear pain. Dr wouldn’t give me anti bs as said most sinus infections/inflammation is viral so he gave me nasal spray. He has referred me to ENT as I have nasal polyps. I feel so bad with the head pain though and like you just think he must be wrong as I thought sinus problems meant thick discharge, high temp etc😢

• Posted

Hi Chelle,

This is exactly what I'm suffering from I've had it for 3 weeks now - been signed off work for nearly 2 weeks - I'm in a really bad way with this - dry mucus/ dizzy spells seems to be no end to this for me - I just wanna feel like myself again. I'm worried I'm going to have to go back to the dr's again Monday to be signed off for longer - work is going to be so fed up with me sad.

I noticed this was 2 months ago have you recovered? if so what did you do in end for recovery?

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.