add your solutions to Perimenopause symptoms!

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hoping to help a few women by starting a discussion on concerns we have with symptoms of Perimenopause.  I'm a year into this and have read the average woman has Perimenopause for 4 years on the average.    My symptoms keep changing and so I am starting this discussion or group for those who would like to post their successes with symptoms and how they reduced them.  

Kind of a discussion/moral support forum.  

Please post your  experiences  and hopefully there will be someone who can help you or someone you can help. 

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi good topic!

i am 52 and haven't had a period for 2years! The flushes i can cope with but the tiredness is so hard to cope with, i have no energy!

I am also b12 deficient and have injections every 3 months! When i explained symptoms to doc, he felt i was suffering from depression, as i had a bout of it last year!

I also gave up alcohol nearly 5 years ago, as i was using it to self medicate!

so now i face my symptoms head on! This is why i feel i suffered with depression as i don't have wine to mask everything!

I just wish i knew are these symptoms menopause, b12 deficieny, or good old depression! 

PS, i do spend a lot of time in bed, (which makes me feel depressed!)

i'd be grateful for any advice!

• Posted

This is a great idea for a discussion.  I see so many similarities in the thread here and that in itself  is reassuring.  I went through peri without realising it as my life was a mess anyway.  Any about 18 months ago everything went down hill fast.  Bladder issues, anxiety, then periods stopped. Around xmas 2014 I felt like I had been hit by a train.  Terrible bladder probs, UTS, sickness, dizzyness, flashes, night sweats, tingling hands, aching knees, thinning hair, vaginal soreness and dryness, loss of appetite and headaches.  I did not know what was wrong with me until a woman at work said I may be menopausal.  I read up about it, by the way I had been to the Doc several times and no one even appeared to think of it, and promptly went to Docs got full bloods and hormones and right bang in meno.  All else was fine.  I tried natural stuff but no use.  I was miserable and thought I was dying!! I went to Docs got referred to gyne and had some investigations and went on HRT.  I have never looked back since.  I also was prescribed mybegron for bladder and beta blockers for off the scale anxiety.

NOw I am 85% better and I can manage that.  I still have some bladder issues, knees can be sore and I have the odd night sweat.  I eat well, high protein, low carb and no refined/processed food.  Lots of water, no caffiene or alcohol.  I exercise hard 3 times per week, get plenty sleep and fresh air.  I take supplements to maintain general health and joint health.  What I have found is I can now manage my symptoms better.  I don't think I am seriously ill and I know that it will all pass.  Laugh as much as you can ladies.XXXX

• Posted

Hi Trish

all ladies differ so much..

i was ten years in peri and now almost 2 years post menopause and age 51 ..

we are all born with a set amount of eggs and when they are gone theyre gone 😄

i began early aged 39-40 my mothet also did - she was different again as my mother was post menopause at age 44 .. 

Neither of us took HRT 

jay x

• Posted

I'm on Prempro. I also have PRN (as needed) prescriptions for both Alprazolam and Xanax along with reassurances from my care team that if sleeplessness becomes a serious issue/problem again they have no problem prescribing me a short course of Ambien either. Since I had ablation done prior to menopause really setting in I haven’t experienced any problems from the estrogen/progesterone combination.

I can't imagine being forced to do menopause start to finish natural, and it isn’t something I would ever, ever, ever willingly choose for myself… It was so horrible - one of the worst experiences of my life. I'm glad I wasn't born in the olden days when all that was available to women was going it the natural route and just suffering.Prior to going on the medications my mood was all over the place, I was depressed, unhappy, miserable because hormonally I was just all whacked out. I couldn't sleep - there was no quality of life. I don't want longevity at the expense of quality.

Sometimes I have nightmares where my doctors tell me I have been on these medications too long, won’t refill my prescriptions, and tell me I’m just going to have to buck up and find some way to manage the rest of my menopause without them. I’m always so glad after waking with a start to look around and realize I can relax because it was only a dream, a really, really awful dream, but just a dream. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.