Adderall Question

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! Silly question, I am a 38 year old male and live in the United States. I was diagnosed with ADHD (which I still do not think I have but that’s a whole other conversation).

Anyway, I was prescribed Adderall. For the most part, the medication has helped and I have been able to tolerate it with minimal side effects- at least I think. Anyway, in addition to the ADHD, I have suffered from gastrointestinal issues since 2002 when I had my gallbladder removed.

Recently I have had a lot of trouble with IBS/IBD. A part of me thinks the Adderall is what is causing the majority of my symptoms, it feels like I have an intestinal blockage and can not pass gas or anything else. However I know Adderall is a stimulant and typically causes the opposite problem (not constipation).

My question is, has anyone else on Adderall experienced anything like this where they feel bloated and blocked up?

Any information is MUCH appreciated!!!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hello, well firstly i would suggest you seek a second opinion to your diagnoise, considering your 38 and adhd is mostly diagnosied in children , its very unlikeky you have it, symtopms are usally preeent from a very young age. secondly i wouldnt know much of the medication but what i do know is if its making you feel off then you should take it back to your doctor and get a different kind of med for the same reason if you do need it that is. your body is probably not agreeing with the medication.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.