addicted and tapering off

Posted , 2 users are following.

yesterday i decided enough was enough and decided to taper off codeine, i have been addicted now for 4 years after getting the worst dose of tonitllitus i have ever experienced, at the time i had just split up with my long term partner and continued to take them as they numbed the emotional pain i was gouing through, 4 years on and now hitting the big 30 i have decided enough is enough, my health is now slowly failing and the addcition i ahve had for the past 4 years is now impacting on my body i have gained 6 stone during this period which not wholly down to the codeine i believe it has been a factor in this due to the fatigue and numbness it brings on. Anyway decided to post on this how i get on. i have given my tablets to a friend who will if you like dispense these to me slowly weaning off. at present i take 7-8 tablets a day, this week i am reducing to 6 next week 5 the following 4 the next 3 the following 2 and the next 1 until i am hopefully free of these disgusting tablets. will keep u all updated alos be nice to hear of your own experiences of these xx

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Good to hear you are making a plan to get off these destructive drug! I've finally kicked them after being on them for many years after a back injury while in the army which I still am. I end up going on Suboxone to help with withdrawals and craving which worked well for me. Good luck and keep us posted

Nathan....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.