Addicted to zopiclone

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have been taking zopiclone every night for 5 months and now it does not work for me. i took three 3,75 mls last night and as a result i feel rubbish today as i haven't slept it out, i woke after 7.5mls after 3hours and then took another 3.75mls snd slept for another hour.

i am extremely worried about overdosing, but desparate for sleep. i suffer from anxiety and depression. i have just had my meds changed for anxiety and depression from fluroxatine to cetralapran, as fluroxatine gave me really bad diarrehea. i have had this diarrehea for two weeks and now my anxiety has gone to panic,thinking i might have something worse. i am addicted to zopiclone, having taken it every night for 5 months, don't know which way to turn. i have seen my gp twice in a week and an emergency 111 doctor today, who has told me to stop the zopiclone and put me on an emergency supply of diazepan for 5 nights.

any help, advice would be appreciated

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Try drinking a glass of hot adult formula milk 1 hour before sleep. It might help. If you could drink 2 glasses a day but space it out or you end up going to the toilet middle of the night.

Google how digital devices have blue light which disrupt sleep. Try install apps like twilight to switch your phone to block blue light and see if it helps. You could also try not to look at digital devices 1 to 2 hours before bed. It does disrupt your sleep. You might want to try getting a pair of block blue light glasses and wear it few hours before sleep. It will help.

Soak your feet in a small basin before bed in slightly hot water. It helps too.

Magnesium oil sleep spray also helps. Lack of Vitamin D can also affect sleep.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.