Adductor Muscles

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have pain in the lower quadrant of  my abdomen ie below the belly buttor - to the left anmd a bit to the right.  I know some of it is to do with IBS but I am also being told that some of it is to do with my hip . adductor muscles.   Does thbis make sense , does anyone else have smimlar problems

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Abductor muscles are on both sides of the lower front abdomen, and down the legs at the top.

Did they examine you and diagnose that it was that, it's usually low down if it is. Because it's muscle pain then it will hurt when you move, sounds more like IBS pain if it's higher up

• Posted

To identify if hip adductor muscles is causing pain ask to rule out hip OA. A quick X-ray is very helpful for prognosis. Try PT for hip abductor muscles 💪 should see improvement in a few weeks if OA of the hip is not involved. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.