ADHD stimulant drugs linked to sudden death in children

Posted , 2 users are following.

I think ADHD drugs such as Ritalin ought to be banned and that no child should even be tested for this contraversional disorder until the age of 12 . Children all develope at differenr rates and the so called symptoms of ADHD such as fidgeting and not wanting to sit still are just typical ways young children behave Boys in particular !!    Children have died from the effects of these stimulant drugs They can be very dangerous and they can cause heart problems,  weight loss, insomnia , liver and kidney disorders and even stunted growth !  It is unfair to be drugging children in this way for behaviour which they will probably grow out of in their own time as they mature . I have read about 3 year olds being prescribed them . I thought doctors took an oath to do no harm but they are harming our future generation.  I hope you will print this I know there are many others who feel the same  Thankyou

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

this is a class two drug in american comes with a black band round the bottle and only so much is allowed to be manerfactured each year .

it is a lethal drug that can do a lot of harm like you say .esp when theres alternatives out there . i have a friend who works in a special needs school

and she says you ought to see what these kids  bring in there lunch boxes chocolate ,fizzy drinks , white bread ,cheesey strings that combined with a less active child hood as well. ,is it any wonder theyre high. i reakon only about a quater of the kids classed as adhd really are .

iv forgotten the name of the alternative  that is in use with good results but i know one thing for sure if my kid was reccommended ritalin i would be trying it first and diet and accupunture ,infact everything i could rather than pump my kid full of a terriable poisen .

the oath in america goes first do no harm , which is a joke .  have you ever seen the film by the same title with meryl streep , fighting for her son to try the diet for epalepsy  , its based on a true story and its heart breaking ,to see what this condition did to the family ,and her son and how the medical proffession just kept pumping him full of drugs untill he was at deaths door ,

luckly with support  she won the right in court to take him to the clinic ,for the keagnetic diet sorry think thats spelt wrong , but its an excellent out come he recovered well .

theres also another film called loranso oil which had a positive out come two sons born with the same condition , one became a vegatable follwing doctors advice ,but with her seconf boy when she notice the signs she panicked and strated to do endless research she wasnt going to stand by this time, she found evidence of a certain oli that when given in the early stages of the condition prevented the condition from progressing .

sorry iv gone on hun you proberly know all this but i am just glad smeone eles out there can see that doctors dont have all the answers. and some times we have to get of are back sides and look for information our selves . its so much easier now with the internet . i wish i had it back in 1990 because then there would have been no way my son would have had the mmr .aspergers run in my family my dad my brother and me ,and my son but he is much worse and has more health issues and i am convinced its due to the mmr . any how hun wont bore you any more .

• Posted

Thanks for your interesting reply Not boring!  I feel so sorry for little kids being put on these drugs . Id like the doctors to take them for a few months and see how they would feel !!    All the best to you and your son 
    • Posted

my friend who works in the special needs school says it breaks her heart to see these kids taken for there injections or tablets of ritlin they come back like zombies , this is a drugged up word ,everyone wants a quick fix.

if you havent seen the films i have mentioned i am sure you would find them very interesting.

• Posted

Thanks I will watch the one with Meryl Streep  I feel so  sorry for todays kids  being watched all the time and labelled for any reason  We used to be made to stand in the corner! Now they are sent to shrinks and drugged. Its so unhealthy and cruel. Must be hard for your friend to see those kids 
    • Posted

it is because she said a lot of of the kids could be controlled with a decent diet, but for parents its easier for them to make there childrens someone else problem , give them pills .then to look in to alternatives .

i wanted my son to go to special needs colleage when he left school so that he could learn social skills ,and how to mix ,so that he could be a useful member of socity, the colleage was happy to have him but he was turned down because the educational dept had had its budget cut.

now his been sat at home since he was 16 and left special needs school.

his now 24 and no one gives a damm , if i had had the money i would have paid myself ,i taught him some stuff like how to use the washing machine , make him cook his simply meals etc but i am his mum i cant teach him how to mix with his peers ,goverment makes me sick they keep telling people to get of bennifts but its always people with problems and they wont invest in people like my son who could be a useful member of socity with some support. it makes me so angry . theres money to support criminals but not for anyone who whos struggling with health problems .

• Posted

Aww that is awful  Your son is just lucky to have such a lovely mum, I really hope you get some help . All these governments do is spend money on wars instead of helping their own people. !  Its gone terrible  We cant trust doctors or politicians!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.