Adhesions after gallbladder removal

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone experienced pain from adhesions after surgery? If so, what has been your experience with them and did the pain go away?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

johnette.

yes i have or rather i do .

at least i hope i think thats what the pain i get may be .

i certainly hope thats what it is anyway.

and its way worse when im driveing , its a sharp stabbing pain kinda like a very bad stitch

but i did a very gangreenous gallbladder and adhesions were noted that were cut down with sharps what ever that means.

i had my emergency surgery coming up 15 months ago.

whats your experience then ?

• Posted

Hi, I had my gallbladder removed almost 4 months ago. The pain started 3 weeks ago and it is constant and is very painful. The pain is on my right side under my ribs and goes across my abdomen and under my left ribs at times also. I've had tests done and all are coming back normal. It was suggested that it could be adhesions. Where is your pain and is it constant? How long have you been having the pain?

• Posted

hi my pain is also under my right rib but is not constant its intermitant i can it for 5 days strait or not at all for a couple of days its painfull but not very , i can live with it but i am aware its their.

ive only had 2 ultrasounds sice but they say all looks to be fine.

mine like a sharp stabbing pain or like a bad stitch.

ive heard people say it could be the clips they use on the systic duct.

mine seems to be deep insde does yours ?

MINE SOMETIMES HURTS MORE WITHUPPER BODY TWISTING MOVEMENTS DOES YOURS ?

and more painfull when i lay downon my back ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.