Adhesions Found

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

The doctor said everything went great with my Gallbladder removal but that he found some adhesions. He didn't seem worried about them. What are they and anyone else experience this? When researching they sound like scar tissue and I have never had any surgeries before this was my first one. Thanks.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi.

adhesions are in the case of gallbladder’s.

scar tissue , which is caused by chronic inflammation of the gallbladder.

• Posted

Thank you. I had no idea I had inflammation as I never had gallstones and all my blood work came back normal.
  • Posted

Hi 👋 

your wellcome.

why was your gallbladder removed if you never had stones ?

i shall guess it was not working properly and this was found on a hide scan in that case correct ?

which if that is the case , that surprises me as I was not aware that a not working well gallbladder caused inflammation and so dense adhesions ?

so ide be interested to know.

thanks.

• Posted

I had my gallbladder out 5 months ago. My surgeon found my upper right quadrant to be full of adhesions. I didn't have gallstones either but a polyp. Gallbladder removal is my only surgery also. I have no idea where these adhesions came from. I have had chronic pain in my right quadrant for over 4 years now. Do you suffer with pain?

• Posted

Hi Katie, I saw from an older post that you had almost exactly the same symptoms that I do now.  Upper right quadrant aching, pain in right upper back, and a single 6mm polyp.  They discovered my GB polyp earlier this year and I have a follow up ultrasound soon.

Was your gallbladder inflamed or infected?  Did they tell you anything about your polyp after the surgery?  Was it a cholesterol polyp?  

• Posted

Hi jaku

I have never been told what kind of polyp it turned out to be nor have I been told if my gallbladder was inflamed. Nearly 6 months down the the line I am non the wiser as to what caused the adhesions. My gp brushed it aside as did my pain consultant. I'm still suffering with pain now. I'm sick to the back teeth with it all.

How big is your polyp at the moment?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.