Adhesive capsulitis of the shoulder

Posted , 3 users are following.

Adhesive capsulitus  of the shoulder (frozen shoulder) be had constant like pinching nagging stabbing pain in my shoulder and arm now 3rd month And cannot lift move my arm at all now without it really stabbing . It is s chronuc like  toothache pain and havnt slept for 3 months. All started with a fall . Can anyone tell me why I have extreme weakness in this arm and hand with pain radiating from shoulder to elbow to wrist and in little two fingers makes smynhand shake slightly coz the pain dl bad now have difficulty lifting a cup . If this the process of this or is there something else going on! I've had an x ray (negative) mri of spine showed disc bulg atrophynin neck and lower back . Please call

Me as I'm suffering in silence with no one helping!!! 07939 612243 lorraine 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

This is normal for frozen shoulder. Horrible no bearable pain for a few months. Once pain starts to go away limited motion is still there. I went and got a deep tissue massage weekly until pain was better and it helped tremendously. It hurt a little getting the massage but for about 5 days after I would be able to sleep and bear the pain. Now in state 2 and pain much better and mobility coming back. I am in my 9 th month right now and hope to be totally better soon. Good luck and try a massage, much better than surgery
  • Posted

HI Lorstan, I know first hand what you are going through. This is my second frozen shoulder my last one was 4 yrs ago and lasted 11 months. This time it's my dominate arm and I'm into 4 months of this with the pain SLOWLY getting better. I have weakness from time to time , where my hand shakes and I loose strength. Nights are the worse cuz I can't find any position that gives me relief. Here in the states at least with my insurance they don't want to do anything but cortisone shot ( which I've had 2- no help) and exercise. I've started acupunctureand hopefully that will help , sometimes I get so down  The pain is so unbearable . This blog site has truly helped me to read about other only we know how debilitating this condition is. 

• Posted

Hello. I am in 2nd stage so completely frozen and I have inflammation of the bursa. Had one streroid injection with approx 3 month pain relief but now back in pain. Have you started acupuncture?? I am thinking this may be a treatment option for me but not sure.

Keep strong x

• Posted

I agree with you on this forum. I had never heard of frozen shoulder and at first kept thinking it was other problems. My husband didn't even seem to believe it hurt as bad as it did. He does now but it is hard to understand if you have never had it. I had it in both shoulders and one is almost better now after 8 months just a little pain left and need to mobility to reach behind my back. Can finally do my hair again. Good luck with yours and hope you are better soon 

• Posted

OMG I have hair envy!!!! I cant wait til I can do my own hair and feel less grumpy and frumpy. 

Ive used my friends shiatzu massage cushion with great relief from the muscles around shoulder. 

Roll on next thawing phase please!!!

Keep strong xx

• Posted

The completely frozen stage did not last long for me. Maybe a month so hopefully you will start thawing and any relief after being in so much pain is great. With one arm I am almost able to undo bra now also. Lol. I will never take advantage of being healthy again. Starting to work out again soon and will keep it up forever. Good luck and feel better!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.