adhesive from the steri-strips are stuck in my incision

Posted , 3 users are following.

They removed the steri-strips on the 9th day. 2 days later i noticed that the sticky part was stuck inside my incision

. I think the steri strips residue have become part of my incision. ... like the sticky stuff got tucked into the incision healing and have become a part of my body. Has anyone seen or heard about this and what should I do? Today i decided to try and remove it and i made it worse. Now theres this thing sticking out more i don't know if it's my skin or what. WHAT SHOULD I DO WELL IT GET BETTER😢😢😢😢😭😭

What kind of soap/product can I safely use to get the glue off, without having to scrub so much I harm my incisions?

Dx 11/2009, 1cm, Sta

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pam,

I'm not sure if this is the same as what you are asking about, but...I had a uterine fibroid embolization back in October.  The doctor told me that the glue & other thing that they used would wash off over time in the shower.  Mind you, they did NOT say to scrub the area, but that the water will eventually wear the glue away.  It did just that for me and took almost 3 weeks time.

You may want to call your doctor's office.  Hope you are better soon!

• Posted

But i don't see it coming of when i take a shower. I see some of it come off hours later now i see all this white stuff around my incision. I called spoke to a nurse but she didn't understand my question she thinks I'm asking about the glue like you said. But I'm not talking about the glue. Like when you're in the hospital and they put tape or a bandage and they leave it on for hours or days and when they finally take it of theres a some sticky stuff. That's what I'm saying that's on my incision. Looking at all the pics i took after my steri strips were removed i think you might be right. But i didn't think the put glue in my incision. I thought it was just stitches and the steri strips but i guess they put glue too🤷🏾 The nurse said she'll have one of the nurses call me back. I wish they would atleast let you know that some white sticky stuff was going to be on or come out your incision😒😧. I've been missing with the sticky stuff trying to get it off😕 making it worst😳😢 lord help me🙏🏾🙏🏾. Thanks for your advice i feel much better ?🙄

• Posted

Hi

If you are worried, contact your gp or hospital ward nurse if you have a contact number.

I had surgical glue for my incision rather than stitches, plus steri strips where the surgical glue had opened in my natural crease (it was a vertical incision). So perhaps rather than being steri strip gum, it could be surgical glue and meant to be there. The glue stayed put for weeks and then just peeled bit by bit as it wore off.

Either way, you need to leave you incision and not pull or scrub at it so soon after your op. See or speak to a professional as it’ll put your mind at rest.

Good luck and try not to worry. X

• Posted

I will thanks for sharing your experince. I will ask them if they put surgical glue. THANK YOU!☺
    • Posted

I was wrong on the dates it was the 10 or 11 days later after they took of the steri strips that i noticed it.
  • Posted

Hi Pam,

Like Laura, I did not have stitches. Perhaps the nurse can ease your mind even further. I had an appointment two weeks after my procedure, and was on the phone with their office 3 times with questions (mind you, this was the first non invasive surgery I had in my life).

• Posted

Hopefully they'll call me back soon with more info. This was my fist surgery too even though I've been hospital twice because my anemia was at a 4 and than because my legs, thighs and feet were swollen from to much blood they had given me for my anemia😒🤦🏾.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.