aditional side effects of dihydrocodeine

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on dihydrocodeine for 4 days now, one tablet every 4 - 6 hrs. i have severe lower back pain, while on this medication the symptoms have changed to moderate but pain and dicomfort still ongoing. Also currently visiting pysiotherapy.

i have read the side effects of taking dihydrocodeine and have experienced the drowzyness, nausea, drymouth and heart palpitations at night but i also have had difficulty in thinking clearly/consintrating, sleepyness and the most unexpected experience is random itching anywhere on my body from the bottom pf my feet to behind my ears, most of all my shoulderblades and thighs. no rash visible.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

:shock: I know that one. The itching can be so bad at times I have had to take piriton to prevent it but thats not good with DHC really. I get so so itchy everywhere. My legs mostly and tops of feet, actually change colour at times subtle but obvious when you see the colour of the rest of my leg. I have to scrub my feet on the floor sometimes to stop the itch sometimes to the point of hurting my skin. Its not pleasant. I thought it was just me. But yeah, I see it only happens when I am on my pain killers. My hands too, they can get really sore with the skin cracking everywhere at random moments. I will be walking along and notice I am bleeding on my hands and skin cracks just appear. Again only when on my pain killers. I wonder if there's a connection?

:?:

• Posted

DHC is a very strong opiate and is very closely related to heroin, that explains the itching, also it is very addictive try not to take it for more than a couple of weeks if you can as withdrawl symptons are not pleasent at all. they also give this to heroin addicts to lower withdrawl symptons, as for the itching e45 cream is quite good, hope this helps
  • Posted

This appalling tablet should be withdrawn from use it has totally unacceptable side effects I had the misfortune to be on it for 3 days following a hip replacement operation the problems I encountered were lower limb itching and severe constipation I had no bowel movements for 5 days and it delayed my release fromhospital as I had to be prescribed laxatives whatever pain relief it provided if any was vastly outweighed by the atrocious side effects I spent 3 extra uncomfortable days in hospital away from my family causing me personal distress but also a huge waste of NHS resources I took up a bed unnecessarily I was prescribed additional medicine to combat the effects of the first medicine this so called pain relief caused greater pain and discomfort and in all left me very disillusioned with medicines in general I have noe began using homeopathic medicines with no side effects time for the pharmaceutical companies to be held to account this is not thalidomide thank goodness but its very availability for me is a disgrace I have been considering a legal action for some time and may well now proceed
    • Posted

I would not waste my time, if I were you.  This painkiller is an extremely effective analgesic and I have been on it several times over the years. Just because some people react badly to a medication does not mean that all those who find it helpful should be deprived of it!  There is no legal cause for action in your account of your own experience, just bad luck that your system could not tolerate it.  Every single painkiller available has some side effects which only affect a small percentage of the population. Put it down to experience and get over it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.