Adnexal Ovarian Cyst

Posted , 8 users are following.

Can someone please help. I have had this cyst for 8 years (i'm 27) Dr. always said it was a simple cyst but recently my obgyn sent me to get an ultrasound,(2months postpartum) and it was not a simple cyst. I have a pre op in a month, but I have been stressing over what he is requesting to do. Has anyone had any of these procedures? CYSTECTOMY OVARIAN LAPAROSCOPIC, LAPAROSCOPY SALPINGO OOPHERECTOMY, EXPLORATORY LAPAROTOMY, CYSTOSCOPY GYNECOLOGY.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes I went in for a removal of what thought was a dermoid. .so laparoscopy but turned out to be a salpingo oophorectomy. They removed my left ovary and mass and tube ... I've since had my right tube and ovary out .. The dermoid was not a dermoid cyst but ovarian small cell carcinoma cancer ..good luck
  • Posted

I had laparotomy to remove a large cyst and my right ovary (salpingo oophorectomy). They had suspected it to be malignant but it was borderline. Good luck it's a stressful period but the operation isn't so bad, it's the waiting that's worse xx
  • Posted

Just got home from having a bilateral salpingo oophrectomy

Will get results from biopsy on Monday, she thinks...had lot of bleeding on the left side, had to make incision a tad bigger...can't stand up straight, in alot of pain. But sure it will get easier every day

• Posted

Hello,

I have had salpingo oophorectomy of right ovary, tubes and large cyst removed about 5 weeks ago and the cyst contained some carcinoma cells which I am waiting on further tests now.

To be honest the operation isn't that bad really, but sue is right it's the waiting that is worse. Good luck and take care xx

• Posted

I had laparoscopic surgery for removal of both ovaries, both tubes, a 7cm cyst and also had a d&c. The surgery was a breeze for me. Felt great after one week. I had the surgery at 11:30 and was home on the couch in just a couple of hours. Waiting a month for the surgery was miserable. She did have to make the one incision a little larger due to the cyst. When I went in for my post op at six weeks she said she had never seen such quick healing. You could barely see any scars and now after seven months I could wear a bikini and you cannot see any scars. You will be fine try not to worry
  • Posted

hi, ive had my surgery last july 2015 after consistently monitoring my cyst which grew from 7cm to 17cm from the time span of only 8 months. it was my most horrible experience. my Ca125 came back normal which was also a bone chilling moment. The surgeon did an open laparatomy removing my right ovary and tube, in which the scar was below my belly button and above my pubic bone. i recovered for about 3 weeks, 1st 3 days,wound was so painful. still manage to survive... the biopsy came back normal, i did not worry about the surgery itself but the results.
  • Posted

Thank you everyone, so for a Salpingo Oophorectomy it's an out patient? has anyone had all these procedures at once?
    • Posted

It depends how you have it done. If through key hole surgery (laparoscopic surgery) you're usually in a a night or two, some are out same day though with around two weeks recovery. If you have to have open surgery (laparotomy) you usually in 4/5 nights and its around a 6 week recovery. Due to size of the cyst I had to have a laparotomy x
    • Posted

I went to the hospital around 10 or so and was home on the couch by 1:00. My surgery was laparoscopic. Both ovaries, both tubes, d&c and cyst removal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.