Adnexal Ovarian Cyst ~ possible rupture?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Please can anyone help. I have been diagnosed with an adnexal ovarian cyst in my right side following a recent CT scan. They have given me no indication of size, and I have no idea what will be done about it as I was originally referred to a gastroenterologist so am now awaiting re-refer to Gynaecology. Ordinarily I experience a mild 'heavy' feeling with it in my abdomen/pelvis and occasionally a low back pain. However today I strained myself whilst taking my boots off and now the feeling I get in the abdomen has got loads worse. I am worried, is it even possible to worsen a cyst in this way?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi I can't answer your questons as i'm still finding out about ovarian cysts. I can sympathise though, mine is giving me lots of jip. Perhaps you just strained a muscle.. I have IBS too so double pain on my left side. What does adnexal mean? I find much about that from a quick google search. I had an ultrasound scan for mine & it is fluid filled, I missed my folow up scan so need to rebook. They should be able to tell you the size of it though & not leave you feeling left int he dark. 
    • Posted

Thanks I hope that is all I have done to it. I have a colonoscopy booked for Thurs (IBS side of things) so will have to wait until the new year for those results then hope to get the gynae referral underway to see what they are going to do with this cyst. From what I could glean from Google adnexal is just another word to describe an ovarian cyst
  • Posted

hi yes it does cause alot pain ,but it wont damage the cyst,i had a large dermoid tumor removed 18months ago and when i overdone it ,it was more painful,so take a pill and heatpad and rest a while,wish u all the best magssmilex
    • Posted

Thanks Mags, I most certainly will do just that this evening, with the addition of a stinking cold too def the thing I need x
    • Posted

aw ss you got a cold rest up ,and wish you well ,let me know how things are going magssmilex
  • Posted

I did not have this specific type of cyst but I recently had a hemoraghic cyst on my left ovary. I had very similiar symptoms as you: heaviness, pain in the kidney region, and even sharp pains when I peed. As long as you don't feel a sudden excruciating pain that could be a possible rupture. If your cyst is on the small side this is actually a good thing and the cyst and symptoms should go away in a couple weeks (mind did- I had a 4cmx4cm cyst) I would find out the exact size of your cyst. I also had a CT- it should be able to tell you the cyst size and your dr. should be able to then determine the next step. But your symptoms seem normal. Let us all know your progress! Best of luck..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.