Adrenal and DHEA results and questions

Posted , 2 users are following.

Just got my Adrenal tested and my holistic doctor just went over them with me. She says she recommends a adrenal suppulment as well as a DHEA supplement. My levels don't seem to much over the normal range and I read that some Adrenal supplements are not good for you due to certain things in them, so are their other ways to lower my levels? Or should I not really worry about it since it's just alittle bit over normal range? Same with DHEA?

I rather take less amount of supplements as I can. I already take 4 pills mulitiple times thru out the day, don't won't to over do it on the kidneys and such.

Results-

1.19 mcg/dL  - 7am-9am          -  Ref range: 0.27-1.18 mcg/dL

0.42 mcg/dL - 11am-1pm         -  Ref range: 0.10-0.41mcg/dL

0.24 mcg/dL - 3pm-5pm           - Ref range: 0.05-0.27 mcg/dL

0.12 mcg/dL - 10pm-12am       - Ref range: 0.03-0.14 mcg/dL

DHEA:

107pg/mL  -  7am- 9am          - Ref range: 71-640 pg/mL

DHEA - Cortisol Ratio/10,000

90           - Ref range: 115-1,188

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry forgot to add. The first top four results are Cortisol.
    • Posted

I meant to say, The results are not THAT BAD. Sorry, I left out a word.

Shelly

• Posted

Hello PRthyroid:

Your results are that bad. The early morning cortisol level and mid morning levels  is just a tad over the normal  range.  It is not that bad. 

Did your doctor do 2 tests of this over a time period?   It is up to you but as you say everything has to go through your liver and kidneys. Who knows how you would feel or will it stress out your kidneys. 

If this was the only test done, ask to have it repeated in 6 months and see what it is like then.  I hope this helps.  Shelly

• Posted

No, so far she has only done one test. I think I will just wait and ask to get the test done again in 6 months or so like you said. I read that depression can also make the levels go over normal range and I have been having alittle but of that. So I'm going to see if continuing the boost of vitamin D helps. I also think my thyroid meds will have to be raised a tad bit as well.

-Thanks Shelly

• Posted

Hello PRthyroid:

Some antidepressants and other drugs could make the level go off.  Yes, 2 tests in a 6 month time period, would be protocol before you make a change.

Vit D can help improve any muscle aches and help you feel better. All of your minerals like sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, and B complex of vitamins should be in good order and will help with your thyroid med.

Also you might consider stress.  Major stress periods can raise cortisol in the body. Being ill, a death in the family, problems of life, can raise cortisol levels a tiny bit. 

Be well, and have a second test done in 6 months. XO Shelly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.