Adrenal Fatigue and Heredity.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello

Is it possible to have adrenal fatige from birth. I was looking for a book on this.  Would anyone be able to recommend on the specific topic,, how someone has adrenal fatigue from birth and the type of life they lead.   Symptoms etc.. 

Thanks very much.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Domonic , I really have no idea so no help sorry .. This is something i had hardly ever heard off prior to my ct scan .. Seemingly since my scan my cortesal levels are high and seemingly there is a gland in my brain which is causing my high cortesal levels .. I am still waiting for the remainder of my results but i naturally have been reading more on  the subject and personally what i find odd is a lot of the symptoms described i do not have .. My bp is and always has been low not high .. This is only one example but loads more ..I'm learning daily .
  • Posted

Hello,

I'm currently trying to heal from adrenal exhaustion. It's a long process, but I'm progressing.

Look up the herb, ashwagandha. It is an adaptogenic herb and can be taken alone, full strengh, in tablet form. I recommend purchasing organic. It regulates the thyroid and adrenal hormones. One product contains it as part of a blend, which also includes maca root and licorice.

I'm not exactly sure about the hereditary link - can't remember if I read about that in any of their sites. However, I found the following on a discussion forum on cure zone (these were two responses from forum members):

- During pregnancy the fetus can become predisposed to adrenal fatigue if the mother is experiencing it. Birth or very early trauma can also predispose one to adrenal fatigue, especially if the mother is still experiencing it during breast feeding. Early traumas can also create a strong imprint on the amygdala, the most primal part of the brain. The amygdala regulates production of adrenal hormones, and an imprint can cause it to overproduce them.

-Dr. says yes, from a clinical perspective. No studies have been done on the link, however. He says that in his practice, he often sees mothers and daughters with weak adrenals, with the daughters starting in the teen years.

One thing to consider is that even one traumatic incident in childhood may affect your health later on when you're an adult, specifically adrenal-related. Or prolonged stress as a child. Or even having mercury fillings for years (heavy metal toxicity). So, my opinion is that perhaps what we might think is hereditary because we can't think of how we got it may actually have a very legitimate cause linked to a traumatic and/or stressful childhood event.

Everyone is different, and everyone's response to stress is unique.

Dr. discusses the "sympathetic dominant" personality type. It is quite interesting. I definitely would consider myself having this personality type! Perhaps that personality type is hereditary? This is all very complex, for sure.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Veronica

• Posted

Hi, i agree with Veronica and the book reading suggestions,

i have adrenal fatigue since 2012, took me years to find out what was wrong with me and the NHS wont recongise it so had to go private. the Dr i been seeing has been amazing and really helped, its a long processs to reover.

• Posted

If the mother was in an advanced stage its possible the child inherited a defect in adenosine, she may have also had the defect present at birth.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.