Adrenal Insufficiency?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Like many on this forum I am on meds for hypothyroidism, show normal TSH and other measures but still tired, foggy head etc.

I read somewhere that adrenal insufficiency can cause this, but didn't take it seriously, as there is a lot of conflicting advice out there!

Then yesterday I got a huge fright out driving (not my fault) and when I parked a few minutes later the tiredness and foggy head seemed to have gone away, and stayed like that for about an hour.

So that has me wondering. Did the scare make my adrenalin spike and that made the tiredness go away? Maybe I suffer from adrenalin deficiency.

Has anyone had experience with adrenalin deficiency associated with hypothyroidism? Tests? Treatment? Results?

all advice appreciated!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes, totally. Adrenal deficiency accompanies hypothyroidism.you can have advanced thyroid disease and have "normal" blood work. 

I wrote a whole whole descroptin of why, but this lame webpage crashed and deleted it. I speak from personal experience, it's near impossible  to get proper adrenal testing. Every time my thyroid goes wonky, my adrenals go wonky too. Many thyroid patientsexperience adrenal exhaustion.

I eventually bought a hormone book and treated myself withd dietary changes,  herbs and amino acids. I was shocked by how well the amino acids worked. So easy!

• Posted

If you google Natural News, Clinical tests reveal that black cumin seed (Nigella Sativa) may treat hypothyroidism.. it is actually a very intersting article.  I, myself, would be interested in taking black cumin seed to treat hypothyroidism.    Just thought you might find this itersting too!
    • Posted

Hi Dace, I pm'd you on what I used. You can use any essential amino acid formula. There aren't many out there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.