Adrenal problem? Undiagnosed and frustrated!

Posted , 5 users are following.

So here’s a few things I need to mention about my history. I am a 28 year old female.

1. To start my mother did cocaine while I was in the womb, don’t know more details than that or if it was more than once. 

2. Since I was young I have been sensitive to any stimulant, ie, caffeine/nasal decongestants

3. When I was young I never could keep up with the other kids. I would get winded much more easily than anyone else during recess. 

4. Getting older I notice my heart reacts very quickly to anything stimulating including exercise. 

5. I have undiagnosed dizzy/vertigo spells.

6. I’ve had headaches and sleeping issues since I was little.

7. I had mono when I was 16 and another similar episode around 6 months later. The fatigue was constant and slowly faded over a 18 months. Has been episodic every since.

8. Since mono, my tonsils (which are already huge) swell whenever I am ill or fighting something off. Lots of tonsil stones.

9. I’ve been slowly putting on weight and it won’t come off. I have tried every diet in the book and exercise as much as I can which has been slowly becoming less and less.

10. For the passed almost 2 years I’ve been experiencing everything in different episodes that can’t be attributed specifically to something. Fatigue, dizziness, headaches, mild to severe brain fog, lethargy. Sometimes all, sometimes only 1 or 2 things at once. The fatigue is not relieved by sleep and no rest feels good enough. Medicine only mildly relieves the headaches. The dizziness comes and goes as it please some times a few seconds, sometimes days. 

11. I can’t exercise now with any kind of exertion because I will feel anywhere from slightly fatigue to fully ill for the next 3-4 days after exercise depending on the how hard I exercised.

I have been checked for thyroid issues, diabetes, liver function, lyme disease, MS, and anything else that would cause fatigue. I’ve had an EKG and had my O2 sats checked for heart defects. My vitamin b12, D and Iron were low but not alarmingly and to me not enough to cause the symptoms. Plus I’ve been taking them consistently and still having episodes. 

I’m sure there is something I’m forgetting. All I know is that the last 2 years have had the stressors that could trigger episodes and I definitely notice that during emotional stress (specifically something that induces a lot of crying) or whenever I try to pick up exercising, I have an episode. 

Here’s the question, does any of this make sense to anyone?! 

Could any or all of this be related to adrenal fatigue issues?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, yes definetely. I saw 2 Chinese medicine docs and they said i had deep kidney deficiency, it's called jing/life force. I've used more of it up than what is normal for my age and thus my internal organs have aged. I think this is what happens to most ME sufferers and other diseases too, we are probably born with less jing than others, or maybe we are born with lots of it like me and just burn the candle at both ends for too long. You might want to do a Diagnostics adrenal stress profile test.
  • Posted

It sounds like it could be adrenal fatigue related , I would strongly suggest you go back to your Doctor and ask for more tests , The problem with the adrenal is that there is so many different symptoms it's hard for the dr's to diagnose but please persist as we all know our own body and intuition tell's us when something is not right and usually we find out that we was right in our thoughts ... Good Luck .
  • Posted

Thanks. I feel like I'm crazy sometimes. I'm usually not one to make a big deal and go to the doctor about anything. But I just know something isn't right the way it is for healthy people. And my doc probably thinks I'm crazy...

Anyways if I were to do the at home saliva test would it be better done when I am having one of my episodes to get an accurate picture of how my adrenals are doing when I'm fatigued? I can trigger one with physical activity, although it really sucks to do so. 

What do you think?

• Posted

If I remember correctly - I just did the saliva test during ordinary days.  It will show how well or not you're doing.  
    • Posted

I know exactly what you mean the slighest physical exertion or emotional strain will trigger an awful reaction which takes ages to recover from. It does take courage to not get upset by doctors who think you're mad though try not to let it discourage you. It is distressing and sadly you have to find your own way to cope even in a limited way. I actually believe doctors do more harm than good in the long term my dismissing such patients.From what I understand endocrinologists and GPs don't really accept the results of the home saliva test. Sadly they are very reluctant to diagnose  adrenal insufficiency even if it evidently affects your life entirely.  tpauk is a really useful site where you can find more relevant info.

Also, for better absorption of nutrients  what really helps me is L-glutamine and probiotics. And yes the test results are affected by the state you are in at the time of the test.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.