Adrenaline rushes non stop today!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im 48 and have one period since January. I am having a terrible day. Started with a crazy wake up to dizzyness, low blood pressure, crying mess and cold hands and feet feeling like I would pass out. Now I have like a constant buzzing in my body and I feel like a furnace going to explode. I've had hot flashes before but these are more intense and last 30 minutes then subside a bit and return with avengance! I can't do anything as I feel off balanced and weak. My head feels like someone is putting pressure on it and my chest feels heavy and I need to such and do deep breathing. Any body else felt like this? Thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry, yes I know exactly what your going through! I've been dealing with all this and more for past 3-4 years. It's our flunctuating hormones trying to balance. I'm 44yo and I get crazy anxiety and now experiencing the intense hot flashes and get awaken every night from being Hot Hot to Cold Cold! It's just out of control. I have to say It'll all come to pass just like everything else.

I haven't had a period in 6 months myself. Prayers lifted! We will get through this!

• Posted

Thanks for replying Trishann. I went to the dr today thinking I have diabetes or something, she was 53 and said EVERYTHING happening is because of the hormone fluctuations and that unfortunately I have it severe. She nodded to everything I said and said , yes it's horrible and knows the symptoms herself well . She is on HRT because she could not stand it. It felt good to be understood and not told I had anxiety disorder or another diagnoses. It doesn't stop the symptoms but I feel somehow releved that I'm not crazy or dying of something.

• Posted

Hi Lisa

I'm so sorry to hear you are suffering but oh nice is it to know I'm not the only one!!  I've been period free for 5 years now but still get all the symptoms most months.  My GP has told me it is because I am still producing estrogen but not enough to have a period!!  Marvellous - but they never offer any explanation to help us understand what is going on in our bodies do they?

Like you I experience the dizziness, low blood pressure that makes me feel weak and like I could pass out.  I also get headaches that go on for abour 3 days near to when my period should be due.  I take HRT which does help I must say and most of the time I'm much better but then every so often BAM it all hits again and I am back to feeling like I'm going crazy - I gues I'm not as there are many ladies on here that seem to be going through the same thing.  

I must say the HRT has definitely stopped my hot flushes I have never had one since I started taking it 8 months ago.  I have to say though that they didn't really effect me as much as they are you - it was more tha nxiety for me and the low blod pressure and dizzy feelings.  I have to get up really slowly when I've been sitting down especially at work when I am on a computer most of the morning.  I feel like I am going to faint sometimes if I get up too quickly and this can last for a few minutes at times which is scary and then makes me panic!! 

I hope you have a better day today Lisa and that your hot flushes give you a break (although are you in the UK?  If so this mini heat wave we're not used to will be doing you no favours at al!!). 

I have had all of your symptoms so know exactly where you are coming from and it is all to do with our hormones which are goin crazy.  I am definitely coming back as a man - they have such an easy life!!!!            

• Posted

Thanks Lesley, wow 5 years no period and still awful symptoms! I'm sorry 😔 I am in Austrslia and the heat is terrible at times. Yes the symptoms create anxiety and the anxiety creates more symptoms!! I feel very alone as I don't know anyone that seems to understand. I am a single mum and now I am on sickness benefit for 12 months as I couldn't work or do my studies 😔 I am so grateful for all the women on this site sharing their stories. Even though the dr said its hormones I'm still scared because when this rushing surges come, they are so powerful and then the feeling of fainting just throws me into anxiety! Yay!

• Posted

I have the same symptoms plus a ton of others. I also get awfully tense neck, head and shoulders, migraines and I faint in heat. I also seem to have a constant sinus infection. I am 50 I still menstruate and my life is over, asI know it.
  • Posted

Well I have been crying all morning, distressed and called an online counsellor. Then I go to the toilet and BAM I've got my period. My second one for the year.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.